How Does Music Influence You?

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
Cwaganagwa Dorothy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cwaganagwa-dorothy.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Re: How Does Music Influence You?

Post by Cwaganagwa Dorothy »

Yes, sometimes music helps me accomplish a soul search especially, if the genre complies with the needs of the mood I am in at that time, but at times only silence will help go through moments of uncertainity.
Zion Mesa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zion-mesa.html
Latest Review: Business Basics BootCamp by Mitche Graf

Post by Zion Mesa »

I am heavily affected by music. I actually haven't listened to music at all for about two months now partially because my music choices were feeding my depression. I was just soaking up the toxicity and my mental health was sliding back into the suicidal but also tempting me with self harm for the first time ever.

I stopped and I'm actually doing a lot better. I honestly think a change of listening choice does genuinely help with breaking out of cycles of depression.
ActiveDreamer
Currently Reading: Tears and Trombones
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by ActiveDreamer »

Music gives me a reason to wake up in the morning. In all honesty, I wouldn't have made any of the friends I have today if not for my four years in marching band. All my other friends can be attributed to going out and meeting new people at blues jams and festivals. Music helps me get out of my head. It can change my mood from being an all out crying mess to a still sad, but hopeful living being.
DEEPA PUJARI
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deepa-pujari.html
Latest Review: Seemore the Seagull by Ralph Tufo
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by DEEPA PUJARI »

I wouldn't say music inspires me, but it is a great stress buster. I am a loud bathroom singer and feel totally rejuvenated after a loud singing session in the bath :)
edztan15
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edztan15.html
Latest Review: Sex Business Tokyo by Alta Eva Bourne

Post by edztan15 »

Amor2Love wrote: 27 Jun 2016, 03:41 They say certain sounds can heal you, do you believe so?
Oh man, don't get me started on that. I could right an entire essay on how music influences me 😂. As cheesy as it sounds, it is my life.
AnadiJoshua
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by AnadiJoshua »

To me music could be my motivation when i am depressed, music acts as a magnet that attracts diverse emotions, it depends on the exact contents contained in the song. I also look at music as something that is spiritual, it heals the soul and influences the mind, when i feel depressed it calms my spirit and gives me the strength to push on in this miserable world. I love music
Indritgruda
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Indritgruda »

Music is very special cause it can affect people in so many different ways. Everyone one knows that good music makes people feel good and also sad music makes them feel sad. But also music can evoke many other emotions in different people cause it it so complex
Kayzed
Currently Reading: Flat Top Mountain Ranch -- the beginning
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kayzed.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Kayzed »

Music for me is a tool that helps me open up to my inner self. It helps me see myself from a perspective of full potential and ability. It has the ability to help me imagine myself as a complete human being with the strength to conquer life's challenges.
Samwisekoop
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samwisekoop.html
Latest Review: Perfection and Other Illusive Things by J Mercer

Post by Samwisekoop »

Music is part of my life. It makes me grow in so many ways.
Listening to music propels me to do something and to be someone. It also helps me reflect on how beautiful my life, Lord, family, and planet is. I just love listening to it!
I also LOVE playing it! It can be so therapeutic and relaxing, but moving and emotional, too. When I feel really angry or sad, making music always turns my frown upside down. I LOVE it!
"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future." - Galadriel
samjj89
Currently Reading: Sunset Beach
Bookshelf Size: 505
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samjj89.html
Latest Review: Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by samjj89 »

I love listening to music. I feel like music has always been apart of my life. From a young age, I vividly remember having family music nights. When my Dad was alive, he would get the whole family together on Friday nights to listen to music. We would spend evenings turning the music up really loud and dance together as a family. Music has truly has been a huge influence in my life. It has helped me cope when I am lonely or just need a jam session. When I hear certain songs, it takes me back to the good times I had with my Dad.
Yearly Joy Besoy
Favorite Book: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yearly-joy-besoy.html
Latest Review: Beating Death (resubmission) by Sean O’Banion

Post by Yearly Joy Besoy »

Music soothes me when I'm angry, sad, irritable. Sometimes when I can't bear the silence for long, music keeps me occupied and down a memory lane.
MorganKnightOfficial
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-morganknightofficial.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Post by MorganKnightOfficial »

Music is my escape away fron reality. It's an entire world on its own, and I certainly agree that music heals the soul.
Arite Seki
Currently Reading: The Alchemist
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arite-seki.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Arite Seki »

Music definitely affects my emotions. If I'm feeling down and I listen to sad music, it can intensify all of those feelings and I'll end up crying my eyes out. Alternatively, If I listen to upbeat music or some really silly pop song, it gets me up and dancing and I forget about my problems, even temporarily. So I definitely believe music can heal.
Thabo Sibanda 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thabo-sibanda-1.html
Latest Review: Going Gone by Abraham Lopez

Post by Thabo Sibanda 1 »

Music uplifts me.... Rap in particular
IamJc_Bembo12
Currently Reading: Pearl River Mansion
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iamjc-bembo12.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by IamJc_Bembo12 »

This invigorated my mood and reinforce my confidence. Music is everything, no cap!

Return to “Poetry & Music”