Music theory

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
boracaypackages
Bookshelf Size: 0

Music theory

Post by boracaypackages »

Music theory is the field of study that deals with how music works. It examines the language and notation of music. It identifies patterns that govern composers' techniques. In a grand sense, music theory distills and analyzes the parameters or elements of music – rhythm, harmony (harmonic function), melody, structure, form, and texture. Broadly, music theory may include any statement, belief, or conception of or about music (Boretz, 1995). People who study these properties are known as music theorists. Some have applied acoustics, human physiology, and psychology to the explanation of how and why music is perceived.
Music has many different elements. The main elements are: rhythm, melody, harmony, structure, timbre, dynamics, and texture. Each element—and each of its sub-elements.
cash4trends

Post by cash4trends »

Thanks for the information.
lea454

Post by lea454 »

Thanks for the information.
Yes, every musician needs to know the basics of music theory which are about note reading, intervals, scales, etc.
Loops

Post by Loops »

I was lucky to be tutored in music theory for 2 years by a member of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra.
darbook

Post by darbook »

nice information. i learn in uni that music has a big role in surviving at ancient times and also for a lot of rituals.
Moore

Post by Moore »

Thanks for the information. I think that people who are engaged in music they should know the theory of music, but i'm not sure that all modern singers have any idea about theory of music.
Jagulani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jagulani.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Jagulani »

Thanks for the information this was very helpful.

Return to “Poetry & Music”