Broadway Musicals

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
Star 23 Enterprise
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Broadway Musicals

Post by Star 23 Enterprise »

Broadway musicals are a timeless form of entertainment that captivates audiences with their enchanting storytelling, breathtaking performances, and unforgettable music. From classic favorites like "The Phantom of the Opera" and "Les Misérables" to modern hits like "Hamilton" and "Dear Evan Hansen," there's a Broadway musical for everyone to enjoy.
Star 23 Enterprise
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Star 23 Enterprise »

Choosing a favorite Broadway musical can be tough with so many incredible shows out there! Personally, one of my favorites is 'Les Misérables,' and I absolutely love the song 'One Day More.' The powerful vocals and emotional intensity of the ensemble cast always give me goosebumps.
Silvia Sianto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Silvia Sianto »

The Lion King and The Circle of Life. The cast would be dressed in their animal costumes and parade down the aisle towards the stage and it was an exciting opening number.
Ludovica Peruzzi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Blockhead
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ludovica-peruzzi.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Ludovica Peruzzi »

This is going to be a weird answer but my favorite musical is one I haven't seen yet - Wicked. The songs alone make me cry and it's one of my biggest dreams to actually see it live one day and get the full experience. Mamma Mia is also one of my favorites, it's SO fun and everyone in it was great. Incredibly thankful that I got to see it in the West End before even seeing the movie.
Jennifer Cowhig
Favorite Author: John Green
Favorite Book: Looking for Alaska
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-cowhig.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
Reading Device: B0775717ZP
fav_author_id: 2072

Post by Jennifer Cowhig »

I live musicals! I would love to see one live (Wicked is one that I definitely would love to see on Broadway) but i did love the local production of Matilda the Musical. However, my favorite musical is probably RENT, it's quirky with an important social message. My favorite song from that is probably “What You Own”
Ambar Gill
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Throne of Power
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ambar-gill.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 54%

Post by Ambar Gill »

Hamilton and Chicago are probably my favourites. Hamilton definitely takes the cake though, I love every song but Cabinet meeting #1 is probably my favourite. I did recently see Mean Girls though and I did enjoy that one too, it was upbeat and fun.
Ambar Gill :angelic-flying:

Return to “Poetry & Music”