The shadow valley

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
Nanook
Bookshelf Size: 0

The shadow valley

Post by Nanook »

I wrote this a coouple of years ago.

I walk this valley of shadows by myself, no-one else can feel my torment only I. And I alone will be able to face it, i must face my demons, the only one that walks beside me is my shadow, my friend, my only ally during this dark time. Blinded by my hurtful fear, I must grapple with images of my own grave. These images of death must end. my legacy must not be forgotten but remembered for all time in songs, tales and more importantly they will be about my honour and valour during battles. O' what sweet sorrow do I feel for past events? why must I live with images of war and suffering? why can't they just leave my tortured mind alone? But I walk a lonely path the only one that I will ever know, this path will never end, so I will keep fighting for my life. The blood on my hands is that of my enemies. This total eclipse of my beloved light must be what I deserve, my endless life is what i use to defend what hasn't already been corrupted by the evil that I fight. This mammoth task has been appointed to me but I am not able to do this by myself, but i must complete it all the same. I fight with all the honour and valour that I can muster, but often I feel that it is not enough, I feel the need for campanions, but i do not want to endanger any one so I must go alone. the coldness that I feel is isolatation. Invaluable are my skills, I will never see the light of day again. My life is lived in constant fear but the fear is not mine, but that of my enemies. I fight what you fear so that you don't have to face that fear.

Return to “Poetry & Music”