Any fans of indie?

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
Melina the reader
Currently Reading: A New Earth
Bookshelf Size: 6

Re: Any fans of indie?

Post by Melina the reader »

I don't know any of the bands that you mentioned but my boyfriend does independent music outside the industry. I am not sure if the sound is similar to the bands mentioned, but it is definitely unique and independent. So if you are interested in self-produced music that doesn't have the generic pop sound you might be interested in it :)
Its kind of indie/folk/rock/psychedelic...
The link to his website is in my signature if you are interested :D
Arite Seki
Currently Reading: The Alchemist
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arite-seki.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Arite Seki »

I LOVE indie music. Especially indie-folk and indie-rock. There's something about the way their voices are, and the melody of the instruments that stirs something in my heart.
CupofJoie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cupofjoie.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by CupofJoie »

I’m quite getting into indie music lately 😄 Sadly, I’m not familiar with the artists that you mentioned 😅. However, here are some suggestions in case that you’ve decided to try to listen to other subgenres of indie:

1. Careless by Vacation Manor
2. Hot Rod by Dayglow
3. Blinded by SIMCOE

And if you’re feeling adventurous, try to listen to Don’t Call My Name by Skinshape. It’s absolutely addicting to listen to 😁
EmmaZ
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmaz.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by EmmaZ »

I only just started listening to Indie music and I'm obsessed with it! I can't believe I only just discovered it, currently, I am listening to The Less I Know The Better by Tame Impala. I also love the Arctic Monkeys and The Strokes.
MilaThegoddess
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-milathegoddess.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Post by MilaThegoddess »

I absolutely love indie music! I listen to all types of music though but when I’m at home alone, indie is probably what I’m jamming too...I recently discovered Lapsley and her voice is just intergalactic ❤️
Samuel Windybank
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mr-wimbaum.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Samuel Windybank »

If language isn’t a barrier then I’d recommend a few Korean indie Ska-Punk bands. No Brain, Crying Nut, Lazy Bone are all amazing!
FJCJ55
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by FJCJ55 »

Indie music feels more relatable than mainstream music to me. There is something magical and less repetitive you hear an indie song. It's almost like a nostalgic moment, an emotion. I'm not saying that mainstream musicians can't produce feelings mentioned, it's just that an indie music feels more personable. Perhaps because you think you're the only one hearing it.
glasses0
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glasses0.html
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer

Post by glasses0 »

I'm a huge Radiohead fan. I also recommend to listen such Canadian indie group as "Allvays". Very talented.
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer
Nina Vanderbilt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nina-vanderbilt.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Nina Vanderbilt »

I am also an indie fan, at the moment I am listening to the band "Men I Trust". Very beautiful... Music, style, videos... everything.

Return to “Poetry & Music”