Have you ever thought of writing a poem dedicated to your family in case if you ever die without telling them goodbye?

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
Valeria Rotaru
Currently Reading: Of Human Bondage
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valeria-rotaru.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Have you ever thought of writing a poem dedicated to your family in case if you ever die without telling them goodby

Post by Valeria Rotaru »

Not really, cause I would want to hear their remarks. Sounds pretty sad and I don't want to think about that for now.
Shillah Andeso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-andeso.html
Latest Review: On the wings of a prayer by Kola Kupoluyi

Post by Shillah Andeso »

All the time because of mental issues.
Le-nic Pretorius
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-le-nic-pretorius.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by Le-nic Pretorius »

I would love to write a poem for my family. I am very close with my two sisters and we have a special bond. I would write a poem to them and then to my husband and kids. I love them unconditionally and I want them to always remember that.
Precious Pule
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Precious Pule »

This is a good idea because it will be the last memory which they can really cherish and know what happened and what you wanted to tell them before you die
Keysman
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Keysman »

Woah, I am now!!! And I don't mean that in a bad way but on the contrary, I think it's possible (although unlikely thankfully) that someone might die very unexpectedly and a written message can always help to say goodbye and for them to have some type of closure. I know it wasn't your intention but good recommendation
Keysman
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Keysman »

GabbiV wrote: 06 Mar 2018, 22:46 Oh most definitely. Being depressed got me thinking of all types of poems/statements that I would leave my family. But I'm superstitious and feel if I ever wrote it out, my dead would come sooner.
I wonder if you ever did write it down or just kept it in your mind "written". I too have the same feeling, I feel like I'm tempting fate for doing this although is something healthy... been feeling a bit down lately and having some mild depression episodes so that be influencing me as well. I know it's been a while since you posted this but you never know.
Jeanetta Delridge
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeanetta-delridge.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Jeanetta Delridge »

I try to write in a journal frequently so that if anything did happen unexpectedly they’d at least have that. I also try to express verbally as often as I can how much I care for them and love them and hope they’ll never forget it. My birthday presents are always sentimental and heartfelt with some type of notes, but I feel like more into the future I may do this. Especially for my daughter. I’d never want to leave her without saying goodbye
Mayang Bature
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 289
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayang-bature.html
Latest Review: Hot Potato by Marty Katz

Post by Mayang Bature »

That sounds like a good idea. But I suck at writing poems. They'll probably be laughing at me while reading 😂
TrishaCleve
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishacleve.html
Latest Review: Shadows by William Stephen Edwards

Post by TrishaCleve »

I have not...what a Fabolous idea. I think I'll take a suggestion like this and put it into action.
Thanks for the idea :-)
Any suggestions on where to start?
Aivy Daylig
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aivy-daylig.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Aivy Daylig »

I actually have one, I guess through writing that’s the only way I can express to them my unspoken thoughts towards them.
Writes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odhiambo-obedi.html
Latest Review: The Poison Of Perfection by Angela Wadley

Post by Writes »

I've thought of doing this though every time I try to put down my thoughts on paper I freak out and chicken out. My thoughts end up being that maybe writing the poem may be a way of manifesting it. I've made peace with the thought of dying but the pain my family may go through is the only thing that bothers me hence me never writing down the poem.
Ma Leonarda Castañares
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ma-leonarda-casta-ares.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by Ma Leonarda Castañares »

An interesting question; I guess writing poem is a great way to articulate the feelings you could never tell them.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Return to “Poetry & Music”