Does music help?

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
Eriny Youssef
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eriny-youssef.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Re: Does music help?

Post by Eriny Youssef »

Depends on the work at hand. But most of the time, music helps. Not every genre works, though. If I need concentration, I wouldn't put on rock or dance music. If I'm looking for inspiration, I would put on anything from my all-time favorite tracks. That'd do.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
bre2014
Favorite Book: The Stolen Heir
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bre2014.html
Latest Review: The Stolen Heir by Tayma Tameem
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by bre2014 »

I can't have it be too quiet. Too much silence creeps me out. Music has always helped me out especially when I was doing homework. I tend to focus better with music in the background and it helps me sleep.
Steven68
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Steven68 »

Music has life, it has an impact on the person listening. But it depends on what kind of song you are listening to. That will be the impact on you.
Melexa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melexa.html
Latest Review: Colors of Love by Adeola Oyekola

Post by Melexa »

I love listening to music when I'm doing physical work. However, I prefer a silent surrounding when I'm doing a mental task because I tend to get distracted by the lyrics of the songs.
William Wilson
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-william-wilson.html
Latest Review: The VD Anthology by Various

Post by William Wilson »

Yes. Music helps pump me up or calm me down. I think that there is music for every need and mood.
emidio125
Favorite Book: Tortured in Ashram
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emidio125.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by emidio125 »

When I am doing something important I prefer the silence. however, I listen to music in my pauses to relax and think in a clear way.
SaraHysaro
Currently Reading: Batman
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by SaraHysaro »

I prefer complete silence when I'm reading, since it's way too easy for me to get distracted by background noises. It doesn't bother me so much when writing, however. I get into a bit of a zone when jotting down my thoughts, and the outside world isn't as much of a factor in my ability to swiftly accomplish that.
EReid
Currently Reading: Dune Novel
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ereid.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by EReid »

I usually don't listen to music so I can focus better, but on the rare occasions I do listen to music, I'll only listen to something instrumental.
I wish you a kinder sea --Emily Dickinson
Gata1972

Post by Gata1972 »

Yes, music has helped me when studying especially certain classical music like Franz lists and similar composers. Also I find upbeat music from different cultures when I'm cleaning. Music has a way of healing. I believe music has helped healed me in many different ways too.
Excel 2021
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-excel-2021.html
Latest Review: Trauma by Cynthia Fridsma

Post by Excel 2021 »

H yeah it does help. Especially whoen i want to really concentrate
angelmuktar
Currently Reading: The Binding Stone
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by angelmuktar »

I have always been a person who needs to have music playing in the background whenever I am doing anything such as homework, cooking, taking a shower. however, it depends on the music that is being played. For example, I cannot listen to music that makes me want to dance while I'm trying to study but I play those songs when cooking.
Malve
Currently Reading: Onyx
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malve.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Malve »

angelmuktar wrote: 13 Jan 2021, 05:52 I have always been a person who needs to have music playing in the background whenever I am doing anything such as homework, cooking, taking a shower. however, it depends on the music that is being played. For example, I cannot listen to music that makes me want to dance while I'm trying to study but I play those songs when cooking.
Same for me. Without music it’s just boring... especially when doing school work.
63tty
Favorite Author: Tayma Tameem
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 349
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-63tty.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White
fav_author_id: 199293

Post by 63tty »

Maybe when doing math, otherwise I only love it for house chores and walks, runs and physical activity.
“If love is the answer, could you rephrase the question?”
~Lily Tomlin
sunny992

Post by sunny992 »

Depends on the environment I am in . But the music always helps to make you feel better and work hard. For example I prefer to listen to classical or slow music while am working and reading book it helps to focus,also I'd like to play Cuban Havana songs or music while cooking and I've seen many people listen to .
Even at nights when I am having hard times sleeping or I am having stressful times, music always the first and the best choice to help me focus and get trough everything.
Dimi1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dimi1.html
Latest Review: One Woman's Long and Lonely Walk by Gail Hart

Post by Dimi1 »

Music helps in relaxation; I am not sure whether this helps in focusing on working productively.

Return to “Poetry & Music”