Does music help?

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
prakritisingh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prakritisingh.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Re: Does music help?

Post by prakritisingh »

I cannot emphasize more on the effect that music does on my life. If I feel sad, it is music who helps me to cope with it. It suddenly make my mood light and I find myself dancing to it rhythms. And when I am happy, music does wonders. It just increases my kevel of happiness. I will recommend everyone to connect to music because it is certainly something that will be your friend for whole of your life.
Liveforchrist51
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liveforchrist51.html
Latest Review: The Hundredth Time Around by Stacy Lee

Post by Liveforchrist51 »

At my job I am very lucky. I can listen to music all day long. I work in a production line for a sewing factory’s When I turn on my upbeat music, I can produce more than I would without music. Your body begins to match the rhythm. When I am depressed which happens often, I can also turn to that same upbeat music to pull myself out of my dark space.
Madelyne Garcia
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Madelyne Garcia »

yes music helps me focus while working because it gives me a sense of calmness while working.
Alhiza23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alhiza23.html
Latest Review: E&N Escape by P.N.Holland

Post by Alhiza23 »

I honestly love music. It helps me to lessen my anxieties and stress yet when it comes in thinking, I don't like listening music because I can't think properly. I automatically imagine myself having a concert.
D reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by D reviewer »

Music inspires. It uplifts my spirits. Sometimes it helps me generate the right amount of energy to do what's needful
perekenighan
Currently Reading: My "enemy" in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by perekenighan »

Music helps though it depends on the genre..Some genre of songs fits some particular situations...So I guess.......It helps. However some quiet time is also as important as music. The Balance is what matters
NashTanui
Favorite Book: The Trafficking Murders
Currently Reading: The Not So Great American Novel
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nashtanui.html
Latest Review: Demon Freaks by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by NashTanui »

Music makes my brain very productive. When I want to stop my thoughts from scattering all over the place, I put on some relaxing music which helps me really focus on whatever I am doing.
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

ALWAYS!!music is an absolute nessesityin my life on a daily basis. It helps me with my moods, I love it when I'm cleaning--- music makes me feel very productive
dennisbragra
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dennisbragra.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by dennisbragra »

music definetly helps whether its emotionally or when yo working. Personally its gives me that extra push to work. And at times sharpen my dancing clean while mopping hahaha
Thabo Sibanda 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thabo-sibanda-1.html
Latest Review: Going Gone by Abraham Lopez

Post by Thabo Sibanda 1 »

Most definitely. Music is to the soul what blood is to the body.
Alexandur Gicov
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexandur-gicov.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Alexandur Gicov »

In general, I prefer to work in silence if work means writing or thinking in a certain field. But for anything else, I fully support the idea of improving performance by listening to music.
Sturner2000

Post by Sturner2000 »

Music is a very essential part of my life since I feel like I am constantly listening to either the same song over and over again or I'll give a new song a shot. I find myself listening to music as I walk everywhere and even when I'm eating. I also find myself listening to some songs when I'm doing homework or occasionally when I'm studying for a quiz. The music I listen to will vary between upbeat or slow depending on the mood I find myself in. I remember back during high-school, for the long drive to and from, I would listen to music and focus on my surroundings and just daydream. In conclusion, music does help me focus, relax, and even go to sleep sometimes.
Trinita Oben

Post by Trinita Oben »

Music gives me the energy to do things, especially work , it helps me understand more when reading, music gives me joy 😍😍😍😍I love music 🎶
Tori_J
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tori-j.html
Latest Review: Aprende ABC con los animales de Puerto Rico by Yeseira Caro

Post by Tori_J »

It really depends on what I am doing. Also, if I am to use music to concentrate, it has to be a soothing music that I have never heard before. Because if it's a song I know, I often find myself singing along.
T T 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-t-2.html
Latest Review: Three loves and other stories by Lata Gullapalli

Post by T T 2 »

It helps in my case. Actually, it differs from person to person.

Return to “Poetry & Music”