Official Interview: Val D. Greenwood, author of the August 2019 Book of the Month

This forum features interviews with authors.

Hosted by kandscreeley.

Moderator: Special Discussion Leaders

valgreeny
Favorite Author: Val D. Greenwood
Favorite Book: I will make of thee a great nation
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
fav_author_id: 123607

Re: Official Interview: Val D. Greenwood, author of the August 2019 Book of the Month

Post by valgreeny »

Orizon wrote: 28 Jul 2019, 05:55 Chronological explanation of the Bible, especially the old testament in a simple and water-down approach is admirable. Thanks for the interview.
Thank you. I think you will enjoy my book and its matter-of-fact approach.
Blessings,
Val
:techie-studyinggray:
valgreeny
Currently Reading:

Post by valgreeny »

lilliesreads wrote: 29 Jul 2019, 01:26 This is a great interview. It is very informative. I would like to read this even though I'm from different religions.
Thank you for your comments. I think you will enjoy reading I Will Make of Thee a Great Nation. I had people just like you in mind when I wrote it.
Blessings,
Val :techie-studyinggray:
valgreeny
Currently Reading:

Post by valgreeny »

siusantos wrote: 29 Jul 2019, 02:31 I appreciate what Mr. Greenwood had done with this book. I've been wanting to read the bible for the longest time but was stumped with the complicated verses and the confusing order of stories.

I even tried reading the children's version because I really want to know about the bible, but I felt they were very simple.

So I really want to read Mr. Greenwood's book.
Thank you for your comments and observations! I think you will find I Will Make of Thee a Great Nation fits the bill for your study of the Old Testament. God bless you as you proceed. Let me know how it goes.
Blessings,
valgreeny
Currently Reading:

Post by valgreeny »

_l_e_x_y_22 wrote: 29 Jul 2019, 02:40 Wow great interview! The idea behind this book is really interesting. A modernized version of the Old Testament and in chronological order appeals even to me and I’m not very religious at all.
Thank you for your comments. I think you will enjoy reading the stories in I Will Make of Thee a Great Nation. They were written especially for people like you. Please let me know how it goes.
Blessings,
valgreeny
Currently Reading:

Post by valgreeny »

MrunalT wrote: 29 Jul 2019, 03:47 I am not a Christian, but I love in general to read modern versions of ancient scriptures.
Thank you! Please let me know how you enjoy reading the stories in my book and how reading them affects your life.
Blessings,
valgreeny
Currently Reading:

Post by valgreeny »

VernaVi wrote: 29 Jul 2019, 05:56 This will be an interesting book. I see that there are already people on their guard about whether it will stray from the Bible text too much, I think that's a good thing. There are those whom this simplification and chronological order will help. I never had trouble sorting out the Old Testament because everything is told by a specific person, so it's easy to figure out 'when' you are. It always helped that Chronicles was so very clear on who's who. Great interview!
Thank you for your observations. They are very much appreciated. I know you will enjoy reading I Will Make of Thee a Great Nation. My greatest concern in writing this book was to be faithful to the scriptural account--never to embellish or enhance or modify the scriptural account and to be simple without being simplistic. Let me know how you like it.
Blessings,
valgreeny
Currently Reading:

Post by valgreeny »

kody3063 wrote: 29 Jul 2019, 06:40 loved it keep doing it 💗
Thank you!

Blessings,
valgreeny
Currently Reading:

Post by valgreeny »

cdhundley wrote: 29 Jul 2019, 07:15 Good interview. Sounds like Mr. Greenwood has led an interesting life.

I may check the book out and share it with my kids. The language of the Old Testament is definitely a challenge to understanding and enlightenment, especially for children/teenagers.

Thank you for your observations. I wrote this book for adults and young adults rather than children. There is much in the Old Testament that relates to things that are a bit R-rated. That said, the book is still a useful tool for parents to use to help their children come to understand and love the scriptures. Please let me know how it works out for you.

Blessings,
valgreeny
Currently Reading:

Post by valgreeny »

Janalyn101 wrote: 29 Jul 2019, 09:17 First let me just say Sarah does a great job at these interviews. I love the one that you did with Dr. Douglas Fredericks, but I think this one is my favorite. I downloaded this book it when I found out it would be August is book of the month in June. I started reading it but didn’t have much hope to finish it, but the more I read the more I wanted to read. This is a very engaging book and explains A part of the Bible that was very confusing to me. Especially with end of the World prophecies from people who really didn’t get the Bible. Thanks for the great interview I love that! God bless and happy reading! :tiphat:
Thank you; your kind comments are very insightful and much appreciated. I am pleased that you find my book engaging and that it cleared up some things for you. God bless you for your faith.
Blessings,
valgreeny
Currently Reading:

Post by valgreeny »

MatereF wrote: 30 Jul 2019, 05:02 I would love to read this book especially since we have been studying about People of the Promised Land in the BSF( Bible Study Fellowship) classes that just ended in May. Thanks for the interview.
Thank you! I hope you will find that my book meets or exceeds your expectations. Please let me know how you like it.

Blessings,
valgreeny
Currently Reading:

Post by valgreeny »

a-b-c- wrote: 30 Jul 2019, 14:26 Great interview it sounds like Mr. Greenwood wanted to write about what he had learned in his years of reading the Bible. It also sounds like he made it easier for others to understand what he had gained from his findings. It was nice of him to give an Interview.
Thank you! I hope you enjoy reading the stories and find that the overall effect is uplifting and faith-promoting. Please let me know how you enjoy it.
Blessings,
valgreeny
Currently Reading:

Post by valgreeny »

Engy Nashed wrote: 01 Aug 2019, 09:50 When I was young, I used to study about the old testament. That's true that I would always found some parts hard to understand or even didn't make sense sometimes. So I think how this book is made ,in its chronologically way, would be so useful in filling some gaps and making more links between the stories. I can't wait until I get the chance to read it!
Thank you for your observations. I hope you will enjoy this book and will also share it with others. Please let me know how you enjoy it. That will mean a lot to me.
Blessings,
valgreeny
Currently Reading:

Post by valgreeny »

C-obi wrote: 01 Aug 2019, 13:33 I loved that the author said that he built his life around his faith. I sincerely hope that I will do the same. The book must be outstanding to attain the rare feat of being the Book Of The Month. Will definitely love to read this book.
Thank you for your insightful comments. I hope you will find that the book meets or exceeds your expectations... and that it helps increase both your faith and your love for the scriptures. Please let me know how you enjoy the book and if it has any effect on your life and your faith in God.

Blessings,
valgreeny
Currently Reading:

Post by valgreeny »

ernest kafuna wrote: 01 Aug 2019, 13:52 Its good to get to get to know the author and how the idea struck him.I honestly have limed everything said though i have a problem with some statements made;
1.When he says that he was finding some parts of the old testament not intresting and not upto standards with the current century.I dont think so,becouse saying so will mean even the bible is edited with modern slang which in future will render the good book not that powerfull as the use of some words might not have that strong message as it was in its original context.
Thank you for your observations, Ernest. I discern that you are a man of faith and that you love the Lord. What I hope you will do is read my book and then make a judgment about how well I have met my objective to make the stories of the Old Testament understandable without diluting their message. That was my objective, and I will appreciate your assessment of how well I succeeded to meet it.

Blessings,
valgreeny
Currently Reading:

Post by valgreeny »

klarrysah_223 wrote: 01 Aug 2019, 16:48 I love the fact that it's not an embellished version or filled with the authors commentary, although those types of books can be interesting and informative as well. I like that because I like the bible as it is without the speculation.
Thank you for your observation. After you read the book, I will appreciate your letting me know how well you think I have succeeded in meeting my objective.
Blessings,

Return to “Author Interviews”