Official Interview: Amir Fathizadeh

This forum features interviews with authors.

Hosted by kandscreeley.

Moderator: Special Discussion Leaders

kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Official Interview: Amir Fathizadeh

Post by kandscreeley »

Today's Chat with Sarah features Amir Fathizadeh author of Gossip.

To view the official review, click here.

To view the book on Amazon, click here.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************

1. What made you decide to write a book?

I grow up in a society of gossip, and through out my life, I have watched family members getting impacted because of it. Several years ago I was impacted professionally. I worked with a company that was suffering from gossip in the work environment, and the work I did with them made a tremendous difference. That is when I decided to write a book and make it available to anyone who is committed to altering their communication.

2. Who was the most helpful to you in your writing process and why?

A close friend, who has read thousands of books and has a great sense of editing. Then I hired a professional editor and also had my wife edit it as well. I wanted to make sure that there were no mistakes.

3. What was the most difficult part of the process?

Sitting down and actually writing and not getting distracted with other stuff.

4. Let's talk specifically about your book Gossip. Why the subject of gossip?

Most people don’t realize that gossip is a form of communication; it is a behavior, and we also don’t realize how destructive it is until it is too late. There is no other book out there that addresses gossip at this level. Gossip goes hand-to-hand with complaints, and for the most part, it is a form of complaint that we choose to not communicate with the person directly. Of course there is a reason for not doing that, because we are getting something out of it, and we might not be aware of it. That is why it is an important subject to address and discuss at this level. It can alter peoples’ lives.

5. The reviewer mentions real life stories of how gossip has negatively impacted people's lives. How did you get these stories? Who did they come from?

The stories are mainly family members or my own life stories. Incidents that I have witnessed and I have seen the impact on family members and myself.

6. The reviewer also mentions the humor throughout the book. Why did you feel it was helpful to include humor?

This kind of conversation can be boring for some people; therefore, some humor makes it more fun to read it. This book actually confronts the person who is reading it, and it can become a serious conversation for them. Breaking it up a little, adding humor helps the reader to have an easier time with that confrontation and overall makes the book more enjoyable to read.

7. The book is extremely well-edited. How did you manage such a great feat?

I had several people edit it including a close friend and my wife who is a perfectionist in that regard. I wanted to make sure that it would deliver the message in a way that will make a difference, so editing was important to me.

8. What are you working on next?

I just finished creating a presentation about procrastination, and I also have started witting a book about jealousy, which is going pretty slowly.

9. What's on your beside table?

Several books that I am reading, including reading a page from the Bible and a page from Ghoran nightly.

10. When you're traveling, do you listen to the radio, CDs, or audiobooks?

I usually take my kindle with me. I also enjoy listening to music.

11. What historical figure would you most want to have a meal with and why?

I would say Carl Gustav Jung, as he was a fascinating person. His interest and work on human behaviors left a legacy. I would also say Mahatma Gandhi, who was one of the greatest leaders and amazing human beings.

12. What do you like to do to unwind?

A nice long walk followed by a nice glass of red wine!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Chanet
Currently Reading: Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chanet.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Chanet »

What an interesting topic to have a stand in! Gossip really is brushed off too many times so I hope this book is read by many! Including me! I’m very interested to see what his research shows!

Return to “Author Interviews”