Official Interview: Daniel Fulton

This forum features interviews with authors.

Hosted by kandscreeley.

Moderator: Special Discussion Leaders

kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Official Interview: Daniel Fulton

Post by kandscreeley »

Today's Chat with Sarah features Daniel Fulton author of Fingerprints of Faith.

To view the official review, click here.

To view the book on Amazon, click here.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************

1. What do you like to do when you aren't being a famous author?

I'm a caregiver for my ninety-three-year-old father. My brother and I switch off every other month. My sister helps when she is able. Together we've managed to keep him out of a nursing home. It is very time-consuming but rewarding.

2. When did you know you wanted to write a novel?

I wrote a book about my short term mission trips to Cuba called God's Will In Cuba. That sparked my desire to write. I don't know why I started the FINGERPRINTS OF FAITH book. I just sat down and started writing. It became my constant companion or obsession; always in the back of my mind. I liked the challenge of writing about the end-times. It is a controversial topic with many interpretations. I want people to think and draw their own conclusions.

3. Let's talk about Fingerprints of Faith. Can you tell us your inspiration behind the book?

I was teaching an adult Sunday School class, and we were through the whole Bible except Revelations. Isaiah and Daniel touch on the end times but Revelations IS the end times. I was intimidated by the book. It has a jumbled timeline. It talks of the second coming and the struggles humans will ultimately face. It's the ultimate Good versus Evil story, and the good guys win and live for a thousand years without war! Humanity, for the first time in history, will live under a system of government that is fair and just for all. What a story! We just have to survive long enough to get there. That is what the book is about.

4. What was the best and worst part of the process?

The best part of the process was the development of the characters. They become real. Their struggles become my struggles, and I controlled their destiny. WOW, what power! The worst part is trying to make the readers feel the same way I do.

5. What's your favorite part of the story?

The protagonist is a boy genius who seems to have all the answers. He gets taken down and shown the error of his thinking and actually manages to find the love of his life despite himself. His God-inspired technology ends up saving the faithful of the world.

6. How long did it take you to finish this story?

It took me about a year to complete the book.

7. The book is a Christian fiction. Why was it important to you to include faith?

I am a man of faith. The Bible is full of drama, intrigue, and fallen heroes. We are shown how to negotiate our way through life in its teachings. I hope my approach to the teachings will make readers want to read the Bible and find out the answers for themselves. Elias (David) did!

8. Is the main character going to feature in any upcoming books?

Yes. The second book in the series THE RISE OF THE BEAST takes them on a mission to save the faithful all over the world. They plot to bring down the beast but only stop him temporarily.

9. What do you have planned now?

The second book THE RISE OF THE BEAST is in editing and rewrite. A third book, THE UNHOLY TRINITY, is about half done.

I like to end on a few fun questions.

10. What's your favorite book to read besides your own.

I was intrigued with George Orwell's 1984 and ANIMAL HOUSE as a high schooler. I love Hemingway's OLD MAN AND THE SEA, Tolkien, CS Lewis, Stienbeck's GRAPES OF WRATH and anything by Mark Twain.

11. What your favorite way to relax?

I tinker around in my barn with magnets. Their power intrigues me. I garden in the summer and get my grandson off to school in the morning when school is in session.

12. If you could tell your younger self anything what would it be?

Don't sweat the small stuff. It's all small stuff. Be aware that the really important thing in life is family, whatever that looks like to you.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman

Return to “Author Interviews”