Official Interview: Daniel Friedmann (Author of the March Book of the Month)

This forum features interviews with authors.

Hosted by kandscreeley.

Moderator: Special Discussion Leaders

kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Official Interview: Daniel Friedmann (Author of the March Book of the Month)

Post by kandscreeley »

Today's Chat with Sarah features Daniel Friedmann one of the authors of the book The Biblical Clock, which will be book of the month in March of 2021. This is right around the corner, so go ahead and pick the book up in order to participate in the discussion.

To view the book on the bookshelves and see the many 4-star reviews, click here.

To view the book on Amazon, click here.

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

1. When you aren't writing, what do you enjoy?

I am chairman of a company leading the commercialization of groundbreaking Direct Air Capture technology that captures carbon dioxide directly from the atmosphere so it can be permanently stored deep underground, or used to produce clean, affordable transportation fuels, therein mitigating climate change. A very exciting and impactful activity. For leisure, I backcountry ski, rock climb, mountain climb, kayak and backpack as much as I can. Some of these work and leisure activities are woven into my books.

2. Who's been most influential in your writing?

The major science writers who try to explain the mysteries of the universe and life — like Brian Greene.

3. Let's talk about your book, The Biblical Clock. It endeavors to reconcile science and scripture in regards to creation. Why did you decide to write on this topic?

I have a deep technical background including 37 years in the space industry, some of that time working with the Hubble telescope, and at the same time I have a good knowledge of scripture, and, in particular, creation related scripture. Science does not have all the answers and scripture talks in a vastly different language. So, I thought if I could put the two into a common language and timeline some new understanding would result — and it did. The Biblical Clock does not stop at reconciling the development of the universe and life but goes on to try to reconcile human history — secular with Biblical — and shed light on the End of Days.

4. You have a co-author, Dania Sheldon. What did you contribute and what did she contribute?

Dania was the editor for my earlier books. My readers wanted the information in a narrative that would be more engaging and entertaining. So, in writing The Biblical Clock, I provided the outline and information and Dania did the first cut at writing the narrative. Then I edited it for accuracy. Dania holds a doctorate in English language and literature from the University of Oxford and is a professional writer, editor, and researcher. In 2017, Dania received the Tom Fairley Award for Editorial Excellence, Canada's highest recognition in that profession.

5. How much time was spent researching and writing this book?

I have been working and researching the field off and on for almost 40 years. In 2009 I had a breakthrough where the timelines of science and the Bible came together, which allowed me to directly compare texts that led to the writing of The Biblical Clock, the more focused specific research for the book took about 3 years.

6. What was the most difficult part of writing the book? What was the easiest?

The hardest is researching and then having the breakthrough which allows the reconciliation to take place — that can take many years. Once that’s done the next hardest part is to figure out how to get the information across to the public in an entertaining way without assuming any prior biblical or scientific knowledge. The fun and easier part is the final editing and selecting all the pictures and figures.

7. In this book, there was a hypothetical scenario on the end of days. Any plans to make that its own book?

Not yet! I am waiting to see if the readership would like that. The scenario has been well received as it's based on hard science from climate change and a thorough review of prophetic scripture — which seem to be pointing in the same direction.

8. What's next for you? Another book? Promoting?

Promoting, yes. Although I must admit I gravitate to writing. I am currently working on two books. One on the first instant of the universe and one of the first appearance of animal life. Both these events are not well understood by scientists. The Bible explains that they are ex nihilo creations and thus not explainable by the scientific method. So, I am combining Biblical and scientific knowledge to shed more light on these key events.

I like to end on some fun questions. You can always skip these.

9. Who's your favorite author?

George Orwell.

10. What's your favorite way of relaxation?

Skiing.

11. What's the most interesting item you own?

My Jeep — it gets me everywhere.

12. Cats or dogs?

I love dogs but don’t have one — I am friends with most of the dogs in the neighborhood.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Etienneza
Currently Reading: The Ancestor's Tale
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-etienneza.html
Latest Review: The Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Fallacy by H. Nattanya Andersen

Post by Etienneza »

Considering the many years of research and collaborations aplenty, the book allows for challenging the barriers ,if any between science and biblical texts. I considered the the two mutually exclusive in, complete ignorance. The two disciplines intertwine then? The text needs further investigation. Well done to the author and publisher!
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: Irish Knit Murder
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

Thanks to both of you for an interesting interview! I can see how one of the hardest parts is communicating this type of info to the masses in a way that is easily understood and not "dry" to read.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
aodonnell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aodonnell.html
Latest Review: Cristos Rising by B.T. Findley

Post by aodonnell »

I just started this book today. So far, it's definitely an engaging read. I do feel like there is an expectation that the reader be familiar with some of the mysticism/religious ideology beyond just Christianity and Judaism, but perhaps that will change the further in to the book I get.
I do appreciate the author(s) tackling this tough topic, though! I think calling science and religion irreconcilable is an unnecessary absolute, given that even science doesn't have perfect answers and explanations for everything. Exploring how they compliment each other is very intriguing!
Amrita B
Currently Reading: Purges of the Soul
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amrita-b.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Amrita B »

Humans had always have curiosities in mind about the origin, evolution and the ultimate fate of the universe. Not only this there's no specific theories about the timings and sequence in which the world was created but only hypothesis have been mentioned in science .
There are many spiritual and scientific theories given by renowned scholars and expert astronomers which were always a controversial topic to discuss . But I think The Biblical clock is a perfect answer where the proper blending of science and the scriptures have been shown about how the universe have been created . The author beautifully showed how both the theories can be related to each other and gives convincing proofs to show that science and religion goes hand in hand . The readers with an open mind definitely will enjoy reading this book.

Thanks again for this wonderful interview and this wonderful book .
Smmwallace
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smmwallace.html
Latest Review: Cosmander and The Crown by Meade Summers

Post by Smmwallace »

This sounds so interesting. I'm really curious as to the timelines in the book. I appreciate the hard work and huge undertaking by the author for writing this book. I'm definitely going to read it. Thanks to the author for this interview.
Zwelakhe_mkhatshwa
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zwelakhe-mkhatshwa.html
Latest Review: Final Diagnosis by J. T. Madicus

Post by Zwelakhe_mkhatshwa »

Yes, when its comes to the debate of the origin of the universe or creation, countless facts counterfeit the other. But in any given circumstances, science should reach for the explanation of the creation of the universe not contradicting a divine hypothesis.
Ebubechinwaogazie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebubechinwaogazie.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ebubechinwaogazie »

This sounds like a debating book.There are many philosophies as to how the universe was created. But the Holy Bible explains it all.
Review Writer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideonwrites-review.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Review Writer »

I've been seeing this book in my 'select' option, but I've been skipping it for some other books. However, I want to sincerely say that this interview and comments from those that I've once read the book really piqued my interest to also read the book. The book seems to answer the normal question that any homo sapiens would naturally ask. How has the universe formed? Believing science or religious claim is always a point of concern, but this book proves to blend the two and also proves that the two thought are mysteriously hitting similar point about the creation. I'm looking forward to enjoying the book as well.
Signature of Grace.
Precious Naiti
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-naiti.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Precious Naiti »

I am amazed by the fact that it took the author three years to fully research on the book. It is impressive and shows a great amount of dedication.
Danelle Cale
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3514
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danelle-cale.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Danelle Cale »

I have The Biblical Clock on my Want To Read shelf because I found the description very interesting. After reading this interview with the author I want to read it right away. I found his years of science related experience and his years of biblical research very impressive. I am very interested to learn when the timeline from scientific research and biblical research intersect.
BookLover4Everr
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booklover4everr.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by BookLover4Everr »

Having read "The Biblical Clock," I can say that I am a reader that would be interested in a separate book written on the hypothetical scenario on the end of days. I found this chapter the most relatable and easy to read and the fact that is is based on science and biblical facts makes it all the more exciting!
Mason Garrod
Currently Reading: Uncommon Poems Common People
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mason-garrod.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Mason Garrod »

Thanks for the interview, nice to see some behind-the-scenes info on a book like this that must have been very challenging logistically
k_madhu_jha
Currently Reading: There's a Rooster in My Bathroom!
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-madhu-jha.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by k_madhu_jha »

Wow, he is a dedicated author. Researching for almost three years is shows his dedication to his writing. Talking about the origin of the universe, me being a master in archaeology has read in our starting days Bout the origin of the universe. But this "may be, might" make us think about what exactly originated our universe. Science is developing day by day. We need to be sure now about our origin.
Cristina Corui Mihailescu
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Christine M. Whitehead
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: Shadow Song
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-corui-mihailescu.html
Latest Review: What is Autism? by Damien Rist
fav_author_id: 8698

Post by Cristina Corui Mihailescu »

Researching the field for about 40 years? This means dedication, strong will, the certainty that he will reach his goal. This writer made me curious about things I rarely thought of.

Return to “Author Interviews”