Official Interview: Trish Ostroski

This forum features interviews with authors.

Hosted by kandscreeley.

Moderator: Special Discussion Leaders

kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Official Interview: Trish Ostroski

Post by kandscreeley »

Today's Chat with Sarah features Trish Ostroski author of There's a Rooster in My Bathroom! which will be book of the month in April of 2021.

To view the official review, click here.

To view the book on Amazon, click here.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************

1. Other than being an author, what do you do with yourself?

I have a hypnotherapy practice. I am involved in a variety of groups and organizations in my community. I go to the gym on a regular basis primarily to exercise in the pool. I enjoy hiking in the numerous nearby parks, and I like to spend quiet times at home reading.

2. What's your day look like when you're writing?

When I am writing for most of the day, I start early in the morning and take periodic breaks. I have a beautiful view of nature from my condo window and that inspires me and keeps me going. My writing room is also filled with photos, art and inspirational quotes to keep me motivated.

3. Why did you decide to write a book?

Writing a book has been on my list of things to do in life for a long time. It felt good to bring this goal to the finish line. It was a special journey of its own.

4. Let's talk specifically about your book There's a Rooster in My Bathroom!: A Quest for Meaning in the Bathroom, the Boardroom and Beyond. What's the major theme you want to convey to your readers?

Good question. I look at my book as being filled with a variety of life lessons that examine special life events as well as everyday occurrences. I feel that there is something for everyone, plus each chapter ends with an inspirational quotation. While serving in the Peace Corps in Eastern Europe, I actually did have a rooster staying in the bathroom for a brief period, and that is where the title came from. To me, selecting that as my title demonstrates how unusual life events can actually seem usual in varied circumstances. It was also a nice opportunity for creative and fun cover art.

5. Was there anything that you edited out of the book?

Of course, there were edits, but I did not decide to take anything out of the book. I gave careful consideration to everything I put in the book and it was like I kept thinking of one more thing to put in either because someone suggested it or I recalled a particular story that I felt would be meaningful.

6. Who or what was most influential in the writing process?

My mother moved to heaven shortly before I began writing the book. I kept her in mind as an inspiration and dedicated the book to her. She was a remarkable woman in so many ways.

7. How long did it take you to write this book?

I worked on it for a year. However, there were some ideas I had from previous times, so I had been thinking about it for a long time.

8. What's next for you? Is there another book in you?

I would like to write another book. Each year I write a short play. I have had a couple of short plays produced. I do enjoy writing and seeing it come to fruition in some manner.

I like to end on some fun questions.

9. What animal would you most want to be and why?

A deer. I live in a wooded area and frequently see deer. They seem so graceful, peaceful, observant, and shy. They intrigue me.

10. What's your favorite way to relax?

Walking in nature and just enjoying the sights, sounds and peace of those journeys.

11. What one book could you reread time and again?

I read "The Catcher in the Rye" when I was a teenager. I have read it a few times since and will be reading it again as it is an upcoming selection for a book club I am in. I look forward to reading it to see how my perspective may have changed over the years or there may be something new I will notice.

12. What's your favorite beverage?

Hot chocolate with whip cream. It seems special, is warm and calms me. It also tastes good.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
emjfletch
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by emjfletch »

what inspired you to become an author and do you have any advice for aspiring authors
AngieOdeh
Favorite Book: Whale of Wonder
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angieodeh.html
Latest Review: Smart Love by Vincent Fudge II

Post by AngieOdeh »

Wow, how interesting. I hope one day be able to inspire others and share prices of wisdom that could help others coup with their lives just like you.
Ify-babe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ify-babe.html
Latest Review: The Spiritual Game of Golf . . . and of life by Gerald Collier Davis

Post by Ify-babe »

I enjoyed this interview a lot. I like the fact that you decided not to take anything out of the book.
Rosa Joy
Currently Reading: Brutal Valor
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosa-joy.html
Latest Review: The Final Keystone by John Kevin Crowley

Post by Rosa Joy »

There is a rooster in my bathroom! It sure feels like the book I am looking forward to reading. I will take with me the habit to start early in the morning. Thank you, Trish
Afreen Rahim
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-afreen-rahim.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Afreen Rahim »

Getting to know more about author is really a great thing. It change our whole perspective alot.
opoku B
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by opoku B »

Today be my time in this group and it is interested . Thanks
Larisa Hristova
Favorite Book: How to be successful
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-larisa-hristova.html
Latest Review: Barbra Streisand: On the Couch by Alma H. Bond, Ph.D.

Post by Larisa Hristova »

What a nice and positive interview. Quite like the book. As a result of this website, I have been able to meet such a positive and radiant person.
Kelsey Copeland
Currently Reading: We Have Always Lived in the Castle
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelsey-copeland.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Kelsey Copeland »

I always enjoy it when people mention whether or not they like “The Catcher in the Rye”. I’d be interested to know specifically what her take is on it, since she has a positive view of it, and if it bears any sort of similarity to my experience with the book.

There was just something about it for me in high school. Everybody hated Holden except me and this one friend of mine. I didn’t agree with everything he did, but that’s not the point of characters. Anyway, I remember seeing something in him that I saw in myself, and it’s exciting to think others—like Trish—might have seen that, too.

Return to “Author Interviews”