Official Interview: Jeff Meyer

This forum features interviews with authors.

Hosted by kandscreeley.

Moderator: Special Discussion Leaders

kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Official Interview: Jeff Meyer

Post by kandscreeley »

Today's Chat with Sarah features Jeff Meyer author of Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute, which will be book of the month in May 2021.

To view the official review, click here.

To view the book on Amazon, click here.

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************

1. Tell us about your accomplishments outside of being an author.

I am married to Amy and the father of four incredible daughters, two son in-laws and PaPa to four grandchildren. I am the founder of the Dream Accelerator - a six month 1 to 1 coaching process to help creatives, thought leaders, heart centered entrepreneurs, curriculum designers, authors and leaders clarify and pursue their dream. I'm host of the Move Forward Anyway podcast. I am a coach and consultant for individuals, nonprofits and corporations. I am lead Pastor of a local congregation since 1998.

2. What are your must-haves when in the middle of writing?

Consistent habit; same time, same space. A steely resistance to edit. Accountability. Robust and thoughtful conversations with my editor. My favorite beverage. Headphones. The focus@will app. Reading other books.

3. Let's discuss your book Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute. It offers tools to realize one's dreams. What made you decide to write on this subject?

I didn’t start out writing on this subject. The genesis of this book included a six month sabbatical that had me journaling everyday. The sabbatical came at a very difficult and challenging time in my leadership life, and journaling helped me reflect on all that I was thinking and feeling. In sharing some of the journal entries, my close circle of friends encouraged me to publish. After many months of resisting, I made the decision to publish.

4. What was the hardest part of writing for you? What was the easiest?

The hardest part of writing for me is actually not editing when I am writing. It was also very difficult to cut, format, and know all of the details around footnotes and grammar. Another difficulty was battling with the negative self talk and doubt that what I was writing would be worthy of anyone reading. There were times when ideas and words poured out of me easily, and I could write in simple note and not worry about any grammar or proper sentence structure. Some would call this a flow state; that was easy. But those moments were few and far between.

5. Can you give us a small piece of advice from the book? What is the most important tool to accomplish your dream?

Fear will come. Fear will stay. Move Forward Anyway. Fear is a reality in any dream pursuit. Don’t try to rid yourself of it. Rather, flip it and use it for fuel.

“Unwavering belief and vigorous execution of a plan are both essential to achieve anything worthwhile. The former has to do with mindset. The latter, lifestyle. Without unwavering belief you will become discouraged. Without the vigorous execution you will become distracted.” Page 109

On Page 113 “Try This: How would you fill in the blank? I will _____________ no matter what. There is no other option. Answer these questions in your journal: What is keeping you from believing fervently? Where do you need help in order to grow in executing a plan? Now start planning your dream.

One-Year Objective:
90-day Objective
Tactics/Habits/Goals/Action Initiatives”

6. Is the book written more for pastors? In other words, is there a specific group you were targeting?

It is not written for pastors, although they can certainly read it. The specific group that it is targeted for is those who are wanting to pursue their dream and need help accomplishing it. Those that need greater clarity around a fuzzy idea or they need assistance building a plan to pursue their dream and realize it. The book is written in two parts; the first part is to bring clarity to the dream, and the second part is to build the plan and follow through to completion.

7. In your opinion, is there ever a dream that can't be accomplished?

Absolutely. One that is never pursued. One that lacks clarity and conviction. One that is not meant for that person to achieve. And the dreamer who is not flexible enough to adapt and change as needed will almost certainly not achieve it. Because, dreams are rarely realized in the shape or form that we originally envisioned.

8. Do you have other books in the works?

Yes. I am working on two companion pieces to Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute. The Dream Primer - Turn Your Low-Def Ideas Into A Stunning Hi-Res Future You Must Pursue and The Dream Field Guide (no subtitle yet.)

I like to end on some fun questions, but these are optional.

9. Coffee, tea, water, or coke/soda/pop/cola?

Lots of water … and Ginger Ale

10. What one book could you read over and over?

Thomas Merton's The Seven Storey Mountain

11. What one historical person - not including Jesus - would you want to meet and why?

One? I am finding this difficult to answer. I am so intrigued by everyone’s story. So, I would say whatever person I am reading about, watching a movie about, listening to or sitting across the table from is the person I am really interested in. Just recently I watched a mini-series on HBO about John Adams. So interesting, and Abigail, wow! Patience, determination, unconditional love. She’s my new hero. Since I read this question, I’ve been thinking about people like Rosa Parks, Martin Luther, Martin Luther King Jr., FDR, Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson, Teddy Roosevelt, Mother Theresa, Vince Lombardi (of course), Louis Armstrong, Lewis & Clark. They all had ideas. They all had dreams. They persisted. They rallied others to their movement. And, they made the world a better place!

12. What’s your favorite food?

Bone in ribeye - medium rare
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
IgnatiusChima
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ignatiuschima.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by IgnatiusChima »

Wonderful! You have such an interesting life outside being a good author.
Jerry334
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry334.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Jerry334 »

I love your life story on being an author
Natalie Croy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-natalie-croy.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Natalie Croy »

This is some good insight!
Masa1
Currently Reading: Creation 1954
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Masa1 »

This is really interesting, I hope one day I will become an author just like you.

Return to “Author Interviews”