Official Interview: Dave Vetta

This forum features interviews with authors.

Hosted by kandscreeley.

Moderator: Special Discussion Leaders

kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Official Interview: Dave Vetta

Post by kandscreeley »

Today's Chat with Sarah features Dave Vetta author of Journey to Your Summit.

Official Review by JM Reviews

Official Review by Cazrichmond

Purchase on Amazon

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************
1. What's important for us to know about you?

I am a credentialed professional student of life and making the most of your hard-earned financial resources.

2. Who has been the greatest influence in your life?

My parents, select colleagues and lifelong friends/family, and people like you and me.

3. When did you decide to write a book?

It was 30 years ago when I interacted with so many who had sufficient financial resources but were unprepared or unhappy with their later years.

4. Let's discuss your book Journey to Your Summit. Can you give us a short synopsis for those that don't know about it?

Journey to Your Summit captures the essence of financial planning with a myriad of life’s actual stories/lessons to offer insight on how to make the most of your life and financial resources. It has real lessons and exercises for the young and old who are open to learning and gaining perspective.

5. Who did you write the book for? Who would find it most beneficial?

It was written for the curious, those open to learning who are somewhat unclear as to their priorities and how to accomplish them. Those of any age can glean helpful hints from a quick few pages or devote time to study the content.

6. What makes your book different from others that discuss planning for the future?

It contains dozens of examples, resources, and essentials of financial wherewithal. You can take away practical insight after 15-minute snippets or all 140 pages. It's a quick read and life primer. It is light-hearted but to be taken to heart.

7. One reviewer states "that only 16% of 18-37-year-olds qualified as financially literate." What does financially literate mean and how do you qualify?

It means you are able to understand basic financial terms, tools, and principles and make your money work for you and know where to look if you are unsure.

8. Is there another book in the works?

I am currently seeking feedback to assess the need and address through this book, the website “Journey to your Summit”, blogs, etc.

I like to end with fun questions.

9. Describe your favorite day.

It would be one where I get up early, encourage and support others, read, write, exercise, and build relationships with enjoyment and a sense of accomplishment as I review the day.

10. What's your favorite vacation spot?

Actually, it's where I live. Vacation can be a mindset but I do love exploring any new places, particularly where I have a connection.

11. Soda/pop/cola/coke, coffee, tea, water?

2 good cups of coffee!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
NdegwaSalome
Currently Reading: Four Pebbles on a Bench
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndegwasalome.html
Latest Review: The Arrow That Flies By Day by John Servant

Post by NdegwaSalome »

Her book sound to be quite informative, especially to someone curious on how to utilise their finances to the fullest.
Ramon Scott
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Ramon Scott »

"vacation is a mindset" is a phrase you'll rarely hear. This author is different. Awesome interview.
Chandelier Eden
Currently Reading: Adam
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chandelier-eden.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Chandelier Eden »

This author is different, and her ideas are so wise and informative. I for one love financial planning books, they help me coup my excesses.
Nice interview.

Return to “Author Interviews”