Official Interview: Ken Rusk

This forum features interviews with authors.

Hosted by kandscreeley.

Moderator: Special Discussion Leaders

kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Official Interview: Ken Rusk

Post by kandscreeley »

Today's Chat with Sarah features Ken Rusk author of Blue Collar Cash which will be book of the month in November.

Official Review

Purchase on Amazon

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************
1. Who has been the biggest influence in your life?

My father for sure. He was a tough Marine raising 5 young boys, who showed us the value of a good day's work. And that if we wanted something, we had to find a way to get it, all on our own.

2. What made you decide to write a book?

I had been hiring hundreds of employees over the years and became an almost involuntary life coach to many of them. I need to help them see that you can build an amazing life doing whatever you do, as long as you have a crystal clear idea of what you want your life to look like ... and can build the path to get there.

3. What is Blue Collar Cash about?

I really start with the power of vision and how your mind almost automatically attracts itself to the things it sees very clearly. I think that is a lost art for most of us these days. And I put forth the idea that we should be working to *live* ... not the other way around. You can change the way you look at your life, take control of yourself and your future, and immediately begin to effect change towards your best self.

4. Who do you see as your ideal audience?

I really think there are three potential readers. Number one is someone who is trying to figure out what kind of career they want and how that career can support their future. Number two is somebody who is trying to transition from what they thought was a great white-collar career back to a passion they may have had in the past working with their hands. And finally, this book is great for anyone who has a team of employees who desires to build long-term loyal, motivated, self-directing, and goal-oriented team members.

5. What was the hardest part of the writing or publishing process?

I really didn't have a hard time writing the book, that was actually the easy part looking back on it. LOL. And I was pretty fortunate to find a top publisher who was really interested in my material. The business end of the book industry is somewhat challenging because it still requires some fortunate timing and a lot of luck to create a best-selling book. But the actual creative process that is used in writing the book itself was something that I enjoyed a lot

6. How do you see this book impacting the world?

I would love for a whole generation of people to create a much better life for themselves because they learned some simple things that we should be teaching as they grow from children to young adults to older, independent members of society. The concepts in my book are not necessarily earth-shattering, and that's on purpose, as I've always believed the best way to learn something is by keeping it simple. And because I believe so deeply in giving back, I actually donate a book to someone in need for every book that I sell. And that goes for my course as well.

7. Do you have any other books that have yet to be published? Anything in the works?

Right now we are focused on getting the book and my new 8-week course out to the masses in a way that we know will help them improve their lives. But I do have a couple of ideas running around in my head that I'm working on.

I like to end with fun questions.

8. Who's your favorite author?

If I had to give you one answer, it would probably be Spencer Johnson. I just like the way he takes complex concepts and makes them simple and easy to implement.

9. If you could write about anyone fiction/nonfiction, who would you write about?

I'd love to write about my fictional self and the fact that I was a winning Formula One Racer or a Professional Golfer. Not because I really want to write about myself ... but only for the fact that, in order to do so, I would have (actually) had to have been a winning Formula One Racer or a Professional Golfer. LOL!

10. Who is the most famous person you've ever met?

President George W Bush Senior, Tom Brady, Rory McIlroy, Bubba Watson, Darius Rucker ... All very famous people in their own unique way.

11. What really makes you angry?

This one is really easy. The answer is drama ... As most of the time it is usually boring, wasteful of precious time, and in the end usually irrelevant to the rest of the world.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Firdous Bashir
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Firdous Bashir »

I think his book is good most importantly to people who are entrepreneurs, the power it gives you to
Push and know exactly what you want in your life. Anyone struggling with what they want to do as a job, this book is a motivation to guide you and give confidence incase you are scared to take the risk.
Penny Ann Criswell Johnson
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Totem
Currently Reading: Snatched up to heaven
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-penny-ann-criswell-johnson.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Penny Ann Criswell Johnson »

This sounds like a very needed topic in today’s society. So many people live to work and not the opposite. I believe we need to enjoy what we spend our days doing. I am one who could benefit from reading this because I know what I want my future to look like. But, I have little idea how to get there. Great interview.
Chimereucheya Okoroafo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimereucheya-okoroafo.html
Latest Review: Life's ecstasy and eternal struggles by Sandra mayfield

Post by Chimereucheya Okoroafo »

Interesting. I would love to get an insight from you and if possible work with you in the future in any way possible.
You have a life to live. If you ain't living it, that's failure. :tiphat:
Similoluwa Odumuyiwa
Favorite Book: Wild World
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-similoluwa-odumuyiwa.html
Latest Review: Midnight On Mars by Marie Montine

Post by Similoluwa Odumuyiwa »

This book is great to tell us that we shouldn't always be chasing after white collar jobs. I would recommend this book to my friends.
Mary Ndirangu 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-ndirangu-1.html
Latest Review: Schroedinger The Wonder Cat by Aaron Rosen

Post by Mary Ndirangu 1 »

The 'power of vision' concept seems like an interesting thing to read about. I would love to read the book.
BazarEatsWorld
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bazareatsworld.html
Latest Review: The Lost Identity Casualties by Kim Ekemar

Post by BazarEatsWorld »

This was a very good interview! I loved the fun questions at the end, they added a bit of lightness to the overall feel of the interview. I can't wait to see more interviews like this with other authors in the future!
Kassab

Post by Kassab »

I found this interview very much interesting. Very guided... Nowaydays we need such a vision
Ella John 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Ella John 1 »

Good reviews. I'm going to recommend this book to my mom I'm sure she will love it
Henry Njeru
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Henry Njeru »

The interview is really an eye opener to the real life of a man on earth. The book though I am yet to read it, is an overview of the christian life. We are not intended to live as super human, but as real as we are wonderfully made.
Infact the approach to many difficulties people land themselves into, is due to the idealogy of the blue color jobs and elevated life style. The book sounds to refreshingly turn one to normacy. It will help many to restart a fresh journey to life.
Phila Teboho Love

Post by Phila Teboho Love »

I am impressed by Ken Rusk's view of drama as a waste of time and it's irrelevancy to society as a whole. I honestly never thought of it that way. Most importantly, I would love to read Blue Collar Cash. It sounds informative.
Christine Tamuno
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christine-tamuno.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Christine Tamuno »

This book is greatly needed by entrepreneurs, it show the importance of not chasing after white collar jobs. I would recommend it to my friends.
George Myles
Favorite Book: Randy the Irresistible
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-george-myles.html
Latest Review: ABM is B2B. by Sangram Vajre

Post by George Myles »

This interview has been lovely. I love how Ken Rusk wants to give back to the people, for this is so inspiring.
Lydia Efobi 1
Favorite Book: Love Hypothesis
Currently Reading: Six of Crows
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lydia-efobi-1.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Lydia Efobi 1 »

A very guided interview with an author of good sense. Ken Rusk is very inspiring
Emmanuel Okotie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-okotie.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Post by Emmanuel Okotie »

This book seems great and very beneficial. Especially seeing that I fall into one of the three potential readers stated above. I would love to read this book. I quite certain I have so much to learn and gain.

Return to “Author Interviews”