Official Interview: Steve Ramirez

This forum features interviews with authors.

Hosted by kandscreeley.

Moderator: Special Discussion Leaders

sdramirez
Bookshelf Size: 0

Icon Re: Official Interview: Steve Ramirez

Post by sdramirez »

nan_beth wrote: 30 Jan 2023, 15:16 It is impressive the things that we can discover from an impulse, the emergence of creativity is something magical and special, the fact that epic fantasy stories arise is proof of this.
sdramirez

Post by sdramirez »

Shondranika Ford wrote: 01 Feb 2023, 20:09 Thank you for sharing part of you life with your readers. I’ve always thought that was so cool and down to earth.
sdramirez

Post by sdramirez »

Chiamaka_Glory wrote: 02 Feb 2023, 10:08 I'm glad that Game of Thrones pushed the author to write this amazing book. I really love listening to inspiring stories like these. They push one into achieving greater things than ever imagined.
sdramirez

Post by sdramirez »

Quiet riot wrote: 02 Feb 2023, 17:10 Thanks for sharing!
I felt like you were talking about me. I appreciate that someone also hated the 8th season of Game of Thrones...
sdramirez

Post by sdramirez »

AllTooWell wrote: 03 Feb 2023, 19:33 I find it amazing that we all hated the eighth season of Game of Thrones. It was such a disappointment. But I do believe it is hard to end a story well, not saying they didn't need to do better, but as someone who has tried multiple times to write a story and has never been able to do so: ending well (and bad) a story is hard. Okay, I have to admit, I do not do this for a living so yeah, maybe they should have ended it well.

I am glad you have gotten so much support, as writing is often discouraged.
sdramirez

Post by sdramirez »

Joanna Olson wrote: 03 Feb 2023, 20:50 I also was not a fan at how Game of Thrones ended! I’m curious how you would have ended it?
That's a really good question, Joanna. I would have probably taken at least three more seasons to wrap things up. They could have addressed all the Easter eggs they had planted along the way, in addition to giving the main storyline the attention it deserved. I think it would have been really compelling if, after bringing all those thousands of troops north to fight the Night King, the human army was driven south in a slow retreat, dragging civilians with them, over the course of the season(s), recruiting whoever they could along the way to help them fight. Eventually, they would have ended up back at King's Landing, which would have allowed for another, more compelling, discussion with Cersei about the situation. Just a thought, since you asked :)
Preye I
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-preye-i.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Preye I »

I have never thought about empathy like that. I guess I can see that point of view. If we believe someone is wrong it makes us see them as the evil one or the enemy. Stripping us of the ability to understand why they did what they did. It gives us a pass to look down on people and never give them a second chance. I like that quote it is now my favorite.
Rao Priya

Post by Rao Priya »

I need more topics like mystry or horrer
nikkswami775

Post by nikkswami775 »

Thanks for your review! Abusive relationships are tough to write about so I’m happy that the author was able to handle the subject in such a skillful way.
Prodigy5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prodigy5.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Prodigy5 »

This book is very impressive, I love the creativity of the author.
Kenneth Jones 2

Post by Kenneth Jones 2 »

I'm a fan of Game of Thrones very interesting. 🤔💪🏾
jawairiaera
Currently Reading:

Post by jawairiaera »

This book is very creative and awesome to read
Hossain Md Khalid

Post by Hossain Md Khalid »

I find the author's origin story so inspiring, it's always wonderful to hear when some big successful venture was started on a whim. Entertaining interview, thanks for sharing!
Tess Wainaina
Currently Reading:

Post by Tess Wainaina »

I am not a huge fan of Game of Thrones from the very beginning but I do know how hard it can be coming up with a suitable ending.
Monale Bariyima Ueh
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monale-bariyima-ueh.html
Latest Review: Final Act by Van Fleisher

Post by Monale Bariyima Ueh »

I'm fascinated with the author's decision to act on his disapproval of the ending of Game of Thrones TV show and create a book with a better ending. But contrary to popular opinion, I don't dislike the ending, I just feel that the pace was rushed. If they had more episodes to build up to that ending, it will have connected more. I like the author's reason for wanting to talk to his dog. It made me smile.

Return to “Author Interviews”