Official Interview: Retsim Laudividni

This forum features interviews with authors.

Hosted by kandscreeley.

Moderator: Special Discussion Leaders

kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Official Interview: Retsim Laudividni

Post by kandscreeley »

Today's Chat with Sarah features Retsim Laudividni author Books of Being.

Read the Official Review

Purchase Kindle edition (Free on Kindle Unlimited)

******************************************************************************************************************************

1. Why did you decide to write a book?

I’ve been drawn to writing since I was very young. Writing a book was an unfollowed dream of mine for many years. Back in 2016, I started making some rather significant personal life changes. I was journaling a lot throughout that process. One day, I realized that the journaling I’d been doing could be transformed into a memoir of sorts. Two years later, I published my first book, Go Follow Yourself. My second book, Books of Being was released shortly thereafter and I have been writing a new book every year since then under my publishing brand, Sensical Logic.

2. Who's been the biggest influence in your life?

My parents have undoubtedly been the biggest influence in my life. Whether they realize it or not, they instilled in me 3 fundamental guiding principles that have led me to become the person I am today. Those principles are 1) a tenacious work ethic 2) perseverance through adversity 3) bringing conscientiousness to every situation.

3. Tell us a little about your book entitled Books of Being.

Firstly, I want to acknowledge that Books of Being is a bit of an unusual adventure that doesn’t always follow typical guardrails of storytelling, which is something I feel is important for readers to know in advance. I had so much fun writing these stories and developing these characters though. Through the existence of the gifted beings (primarily the Man), the overarching “philosophical” message of the whole story was meant to spark mindfulness around the dynamics of power and the blinding effect it can have over one’s life. It was one of those ideas that spontaneously occurred to me and I couldn’t stop writing. I had no clue where the story was going or how it was going to end but I feel like it spiraled exactly the way I wanted.

4. The book is fiction but has a share of philosophy. Do you have a background in philosophy or is it just a hobby?

Philosophy is a hobby of mine. It’s a passion really. At its core, philosophy is all about embracing a sense of wonderment of the world, traversing beyond what’s considered to be the conventional facts of life. Furthermore, it’s a cornerstone of developing the skill to think for oneself and the place from which all discovery occurs. I’m infinitely energized by philosophy. I feel the subject is underappreciated nowadays but I am one of its dedicated advocates.

5. Which of the characters was your favorite to write and why?

My favorite character to write was Evia. The power of beauty can range from wildly rewarding to painfully tragic. Evia’s story delves into this complicated spectrum. It was quite a fascinating writing experience to fabricate her conflict and struggle.

6. What's the most challenging part of writing?

Swallowing your pride and listening to your editor ; )

7. There's a lot of good versus evil in this. Is there a specific message you want readers to walk away with?

The intention is not to pontificate about any sort of objective good or evil but rather the message is about an inherent vulnerability to power and control (personified through each gifted being) that is worth heeding.

8. What's next for you? Is there another book in the works?

I am planning to release another book later this year of the non-fiction philosophy scope. Most of my work is non-fiction and philosophical in nature but I’d like to develop another fictional story someday. I just haven’t had an idea that I could run with lately.

I like to end with fun questions.

9. Do you have any interesting writing quirks?

Hmmm, I do the vast majority of my book writing on my phone. Hardly any writing is done on a laptop/desktop. I don’t know why but I’ve become very accustomed to this way. Plus, I like being able to take out my phone and write whenever/wherever the mood strikes.

10. Would you rather secretly love a book everyone hates, or secretly hate a book everyone loves?

Realistically, I’m much more inclined to secretly hate a book everyone loves. There’s also a good chance I won’t be able to keep it a secret for very long either. For better or worse, that’s how I am.

11. Do you prefer a fire on a cold day or a fan on a hot day?

A fire on a cold day is definitely more soothing to me.

12. What's you favorite vacation destination?

When it comes to vacation, I’m definitely more of a “who I’m with” versus “where I am” sorta person. Spending time with Family & Friends is a priority. If it happens to be on a tropical island, well then that’d be a bonus.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman

Return to “Author Interviews”