Official Interview: Thyme Lewis

This forum features interviews with authors.

Hosted by kandscreeley.

Moderator: Special Discussion Leaders

kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Official Interview: Thyme Lewis

Post by kandscreeley »

Today's Chat with Sarah features Thyme Lewis author of A Week's Worth.

View the Official Review

View Kindle edition on Amazon

View the author's website

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************
1. You gave a bit of an unusual background. Can you tell us about yourself?

I was born on Friday, June 13th, in San Francisco, California to my mother/artist Heidi Elizabeth McGurrin and my jazz drummer father Art Sharky Lewis.

I spent my childhood in Big Sur with my siblings Winona and Alistair. Motorcycles and horses were involved.

I attended Carmel Middle and High School in norCal and enjoyed touring with my father when possible in the summers.

2. How did you go from acting to writing a book?

It was a natural progression, I feel. Many of my relatives are published, though more biographical with careers in paint, art, and textiles. I stumbled into acting and took notes along the way.

3. Let's talk about your book, A Week's Worth. As an actor and ex-stuntman, how did this contribute to or influence the book?

Storyline-wise, heavily. I've always leaned into danger with a curiosity to overcome and win. Both acting and stunts fit this tendency.

4. Which is easier, writing a book or acting? How?

Writing. It takes way longer and you have more chances to adjust. Acting is what it is and you accept the celluloid which is now digital. Forever. Same for a book. Ha!

5. Mac, one of the characters, works for FEMA. You worked for FEMA. Are you more alike or dissimilar to Mac?

Alike. And I find the work rewarding and being first on the ground exciting.

6. What scene was most difficult to write? Which was your favorite?

The opening. I probably wrote fifteen different openings before settling on the one that went to print.

Several are my favorites. Each time I read them, I find laughter and perspective so specific, I cringe. A few examples: Smoothie shop. Bicycle seen in homeless tent. Leaving Venice with neighbors screaming in the background.

7. Where did the idea for the book come from? A vision? Dream? Overactive imagination?

A bit of all three. And I'm smiling at this answer and will remain with a grin on my face and gratitude in my heart.

8. Are there any more books in the works?

Yes. This is the second book in A MACGUFFIN SERIES. The next book is ALL THE WAY IN.

I like to end with fun questions.

9. Which genre of book appears most often in your library?

Funny, fast-paced action mystery involving redemptive characters.

10. If A Week's Worth was made into a movie, would you play Mac? Who would you cast in the roles?

It's definitely a possibility I'd play Mac.

Kerry Washington would be my sister Nadine.

Shirley McClain or Merryl Streep 20 years ago as my mom.

Jamie Foxx as Teddy.

11. Are you a morning person or a night owl?

Morning. Like 4-5 am morning.

12. Do you believe in aliens?

Absolutely. And kitty cat imposters too. On this planet and beyond.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Cristiano Bellucci
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristiano-bellucci.html
Latest Review: Pioneering Nonprofit AI Initiatives: A Guide to Generational Diversity, Ethics, and Collaboration by Ainsley K. Hines
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 440%

Post by Cristiano Bellucci »

eheh funny answers. When you get up at 4, do you start working immediately?
Book allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today. Mark Zuckerberg.

Return to “Author Interviews”