Official Interview: Jaime Olmos

This forum features interviews with authors.

Hosted by kandscreeley.

Moderator: Special Discussion Leaders

kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Official Interview: Jaime Olmos

Post by kandscreeley »

Today's Chat with Sarah features Jaime Olmos author of Sonora Pass.

Read Official Review 1

Read Official Review 2

View Kindle edition (Free on Kindle Unlimited)

****************************************************************************************************************************************************

1. What does the process of writing look like for you?

I come up in my own mind with a set of germinal ideas for making a story. Write the ideas down and sketch out the story. Research the topics associated with the storyline. Develop the story and let it organically grow as the story gets written and revised until fully completed.

2. What do you think is important in a good book?

A good book should be meaningful, enjoyable, and entertaining.

3. Let's discuss your book Sonora Pass. How would you classify it?

SONORA PASS is a humorous murder mystery romantic Graphic Novel.

4. This book was written by you as well as Kevin Nichols. Who did what? What did the collaboration look like?

Kevin Nichols was the illustrator for Sonora Pass. He was an extremely talented artist. Kevin had complete creative freedom to create the SONORA PASS illustrations. It took Kevin about a year and a half to complete his remarkable illustrations. Unfortunately, Kevin passed away shortly after he completed the SONORA PASS project.

5. As a graphic novel, what type of audience are you trying to appeal to?

SONORA PASS is meant to be read by adults of any age interested in reading and enjoying the illustrations of an engaging murder mystery story.

It is hoped that the reader finds the story to be romantic and humorous. The SONORA PASS plot is a bit complex because it involves nearly a dozen characters heavily participating in the storyline.

6. The book actually tells two stories. How did you help the reader keep them straight?

SONORA PASS includes a secondary plot related to intelligent property software theft. Private Investigator Jonah was hired to investigate the theft.

Jonah performs his PI theft job while, at the same time, he investigates the cause of Jabberwocky band singer Celia's death. The storyline is organized so that the murder and cyber plot are seamlessly combined.

7. Is there a message that you want to convey to readers?

There are several messages that I tried to convey to the readers: The value of solid and committed friendships. The challenges adults face in order to "Start their lives Over". The difficulties faced by people in third-world countries inducing them to move to advanced countries like the United States and Canada.

8. Is it true that this book is part of a series? What's next?

The characters developed in SONORA PASS leave plenty of room for continuing their stories. Especially Private Investigator Jonah. Unfortunately, it would be nearly impossible to find someone to continue Kevin Nichols' amazing contribution as Graphic Illustrator.

I like to end with fun questions.

9. Which superhero do you like most?

Author Michael Chabon did an extremely good job creating the Spiderman superhero film persona. I much prefer SuperComic over Superhero film characters. One of my favorites: 'the dude' Jeff Lebowski.

10. What's your favorite season and why?

My favorite season is the fall. Great Weather. I love the tree foliage, in New England especially. (One favorite SuperSong: Autumn Leaves)

11. If you could only wear one type of shoes for the rest of your life, what would you wear?

Hiking Boots!

12. Are you a cat person or a dog person?

My wife Terrie and I share the love of our lady dog pet: Jingles.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Ruby Allman
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Reverend Psychopath
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruby-allman.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Ruby Allman »

Thank you for this interview. Mr. Olmos' description of his writing process is especially interesting. For several years I wrote humorous pieces for my outdoors club. Those were one page articles environmental pieces written in story form, and like Mr. Olmos I spent time researching topics.
Dammyc Maiyo
Currently Reading: Mistress Suffragette
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Dammyc Maiyo »

You're living my life 🥺
Francis Kapola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-kapola.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Francis Kapola »

Absolutely, a fantastic book should convey meaning to readers, but the greatest one goes beyond that by delivering an impactful meaning that resonates with all readers.
Mono284
Currently Reading: Astrophysics and Space Science
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Mono284 »

you said and interesting thing about how do yo write what kind of things or emotions maybe i need to feel for write?
Are all books pure emotions? or just imagination ?

Return to “Author Interviews”