Official Interview: Dan Bar Hava

This forum features interviews with authors.

Hosted by kandscreeley.

Moderator: Special Discussion Leaders

kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Official Interview: Dan Bar Hava

Post by kandscreeley »

Today's Chat with Sarah features Dan Bar Hava author of The 36 Watchers, book II: Spring due to be released any day now!

Purchase on Walmart.com

View OBC bookshelves page for more places to purchase

View Review 1

View Review 2

View Review 3

View Review 4

********************************************************************************************************************************************************
1. How did you first get into writing?

At the tail end of my military service in Israel, I was inspired by some of my experiences and started writing about them. It wasn't very good though, and it took me years to find my voice.

2. What writers have had the biggest influence on you?

Roger Zelazny, author of the Chronicles of Amber saga. I wish someone would make a series out of that. Game of Thrones
was modeled after that, only the original is so much better!
Frank Herbert, author of Dune.
JRR Tolkien and the LOTR trilogy.
Michael Crichton's The Andromeda Strain.
Umberto Eco's The Name of the Rose.
And little-known Laurence Gardner, who wrote para-religious , para-historical and para-scientific books like:
Realm of the Ring Lords, The Secrets of the Sacred Ark, Bloodline of the Holy Grail and many others.

3. You have a book scheduled to be released any day now. Can you tell us a little bit about it as well as how you'll be promoting it?

The 36 Watchers is a female-driven fantasy thriller, with Sci Fi overtones. Think The Da Vinci Code, meets Harry Potter, meets the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. With a side of American Gods.

The myth of the 36 Watchers comes from ancient Jewish scripture, almost 2000 years ago, and it says: "It is said that at all times, there are 36 special people in the world, and that were it not for them, all of them, if even one of them was missing, the world would come to an end." I love myths, and I was fascinated with that myth for a long time. It hasn't been touched at all by popular culture, so I thought I had something.

In every culture there is a savior/protector myth that a hero will come back to save his people, like King Arthur. The big difference is that the identity of these 36 people who protect the world from evil is hidden - in every generation.

So, in the universe I created, the 36 Watchers are the only true secret society that protect mankind from the ultimate evil that only few know about. All those other organizations – Freemasons, Illuminati, Templars, skull and bones, Rosicrucians, and many more - are mere shells.

In book I of The Watchers we meet the heroine, Jenna, and follow her on her journey of becoming a Watcher. Along with Jenna, we learn the real history - why the crucifixion happened, what is the connection between canned goods and World War II, the real force behind 9/11, and more.

Along with immense knowledge and power also comes incredible sadness, loneliness and pain. We follow Jenna's path until she becomes a full-fledged Watcher, ready for her first assignment.

In book II Jenna continues to grow as a Watcher. Along with Jenna, we learn about the true purpose of organized religion. The shadiness behind Swiss banks, the true origin of Kaballah and who truly made the land of Israel into the holy land, all as we follow Jenna on her first Watcher mission. Jenna and the Watchers are about to use their powers to change the course of history.

I am promoting it through reviews on your site, and thank you for that. Additionally, I booked a TV spot here:

https://www.darrielroy.com/darrielroyshow

I also taped a video interview with this blogger:

https://www.youtube.com/@M.J.Struven

I also have reviews and an interview coming up here:

https://theprairiesbookreview.com/

There's an article in Splash, as well:

https://splashmags.com/index.php/2023/1 ... #gsc.tab=0

And I am working with Liz Hazard, a freelance reporter. We met at the most amazing place in Manhattan - the Hungarian pastry shop, across the street from ST John the Divine, the largest Gothic Cathedral in the USA I believe.

This is a link to her:

http://www.lizhazard.com/about

4. So, Dan Brown meets Harry Potter? How is it similar? How is it different?

Well - you said what I said earlier LOL, add the Matrix to the package and there you have it!

5. Which character in the book is your favorite? Why?

Oh, that's easy, Jenna is. She developed in the most natural way. I started to write her in 2012 and finished in 2021. It was like sitting together with your best friend every time it was her turn. I love her strengths and her flows equally.

6. What kind of audience is the book geared towards? It seems to have elements of Gnosticism. Is it geared more toward a gnostic audience?

Anyone who is curious about supernatural, Gnosticism, religion, and who likes well-drawn characters, action, Sci-fi and a bit of humor, but a special place to anyone who likes conspiracy theories dressed up in all the previously mentioned garbs.

Hence Dan Brown, Matrix, Umberto Eco and others.

7. What part of the book was the most fun for you to write? What was the most difficult?

The sections about Kabbalah and Gaza were the most fun. They were completed in my head; all I had to do was write down what was already there, mostly because of the local and the content. The epic climax scene was the hardest. Action is hard enough to write; if you are too slow the reader gets distracted, but if you are too fast the reader gets confused. Add supernatural elements and it really gets tough to maintain that tricky balance.

8. Do you like to connect with your readers? If so, how can they connect with you? Do you have a website?

I do not have a website but I am on Facebook, and I would love to connect with my readers: https://www.facebook.com/dan.hava. They can email me at: dbhmsc@aol.com.

9. What question did you not get asked that you want to answer and what is the answer?

Oh wow, here it is - is there a book III coming? The answer is yes.

The first book was The 36 Watchers, book I, Fall because of the event in the center of book I.
The 2nd was Spring for the same reason.
The 3rd will be Winter for the same reason. I will leave you guessing which event Winter will be about :)

I like to end with a few fun questions.

10. Would you rather be the driver or a rider?

Driver, always.

11. Do you have a favorite quote? What is it?

"Every rule has an exception except this one"

12. What one thing would you not be able to write without?

Chocolate.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Janice Miller 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Janice Miller 2 »

I want to know how much my payout is going to be
Janice
INZAMAMUL HAQUE 2
Currently Reading: Young Americans
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inzamamul-haque-2.html
Latest Review: Why God Allows Evil and Suffering by Sine Nomine

Post by INZAMAMUL HAQUE 2 »

Is it a work of fiction or non-fiction?
dbhmsc
In It Together VIP
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by dbhmsc »

I'd like to call this "Historical fiction". I hope this makes sense to you.
Dan
msomigreat
Currently Reading: Abducted
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msomigreat.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Post by msomigreat »

quite fascinating.
Alick Sandy

Return to “Author Interviews”