Official Interview: Sharon Williams

This forum features interviews with authors.

Hosted by kandscreeley.

Moderator: Special Discussion Leaders

kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Official Interview: Sharon Williams

Post by kandscreeley »

Today's Chat with Sarah features Sharon Williams author of Because He Loved Us.

View the official 5-star review

View Kindle edition on Amazon

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************
1. What do you do when you aren't writing?

I stay pretty much on the computer connecting with family and friends. If it's nice outside, I like to do some gardening. I like certain games that stimulate your thoughts and it keeps the reflexes intact as well.

2. What made you decide to write a book?

I felt a prompting during the pandemic. It seemed as if the world was turned upside down. Our constitution was being reexamined, there were questionable election results, and seminaries trying to change the details of the Bible... the whole world was crazy. There was too much greed and suffering going on in the world and people were losing faith in God. I wanted to get the message out to others that God is real and here's why!

3. Let's discuss your book Because He Loved Us. The book is about the life of Jesus. How much research went into the book?

I wanted to be very careful in what I said. During this time, I found it peaceful and exciting at the same time as I was digging deeply to bring all the researched data together and be able to back it up. I've researched data in my past jobs and it's very enjoyable for me. It makes any task more rewarding if you are getting something out of it... and by that, I mean learning something new.

4. What audience is the book for? Is it only for Christians?

My book is geared more for older folks, especially women; but then I'm limiting my audience. Some outside this spectrum might enjoy reading the Bible in chronological order rather than by the 66 books by various biblical authors.

5. What was the most difficult part about writing the book?

Problems with writing haven't been with me but with others. I've only entered the author's realm in the last few years, but my problem began with vanity publishers and scams. I now know how easily operations can be set up in a home as an affiliate for a larger company such as Amazon. They might take on a name such as AMZ/Kindle Publishing. Vanity publishers will promise the moon but instead, take your personal arm and leg.

6. What was most important for you to convey with the book?

The world was going through so much loss and defeat. Families were losing loved ones and businesses were folding. These events were something I had never seen before and I felt that we needed, more than ever, to love and encourage one another. To support each other in our faith and our trust in God. Today isn't much better, but the situations are different. I wrote to bring God back into people's lives and to remind them that we have a helper who lives within us. That we need to turn to this powerful source in our time of need and it never leaves us alone to face difficulties by ourselves. That it is more real than we realize, but we must seek it with our hearts.

7. What's next for you?

What's next? Perhaps a third book. I had thought of writing about the Holy Spirit, but it will probably be more in the style of daily devotions or seeds for thought.

I like to end with fun questions.

8. What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten?

The weirdest thing eaten might be what I craved during my first pregnancy. That would be a peanut butter sandwich with mustard and pickles. Yummy! That or a cow's tongue.

9. Would you rather have a rewind button or a pause button on your life?

I would ask for a pause button on my life. Within a few months, I'll be 82 and there's still so much I want to do. I thank God every morning for the breath in my lungs and hope that He will give me another Spring as this is my favorite time of year. I see hope in the Spring as what looked lifeless becomes life once again. The colors are more vivid and the birds singing is more noticeable. The days grow longer and Spring rains smell so fresh. There's also energy in the air and it's so vibrant.

10. What's your favorite quote?

My favorite phrase might be "It is what it is."

Something I will add. I lost a son to diabetes and drug addiction in 2002. In treating the grief, I wanted to be with others who were facing a soon-to-be death. This led me to volunteer for Hospice services and develop deep relationships with them and understand more about the dying process and the emotions they may have. These people were wonderful and I received more benefit from them than I gave. I did this for 9 years.

I also became a Stephens Minister through my church and walked with others going through difficult periods of their lives. I realized that everyone is working through something and it's good to have someone walk with them on that journey.

My last lesson in life is to become more aware of the importance of developing love for others... no judgment. I believe that I have felt the love that Jesus emits and there are no words to describe it. It is all with feeling.

I'm also teaching a bible study at an Independent Living center, for the last 10 years and in doing so, I have learned to be bold in telling others about Christ in a gentle matter.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
qwertya8103
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by qwertya8103 »

Writing can make you look within and what comes out may even surprise the most experienced author. As an author, I feel it best to support each other in ways that we can. Therefore, I wish to thank those on the staff of OnLineBookClub for this opportunity.

Return to “Author Interviews”