Official Interview: Chris Reynolds

This forum features interviews with authors.

Hosted by kandscreeley.

Moderator: Special Discussion Leaders

kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Official Interview: Chris Reynolds

Post by kandscreeley »

Today's Chat with Sarah features Chris Reynolds author of Lost Secret of the Ancient Ones.

View: On Bookshelves | Official Review 1 | Official Review 2 | On Amazon |

****************************************************************************************************************************************************
1. What made you decide to start writing?

To express my views on alternative history, the reality of conspiracy theories and a desire to share with others.

2. To you, what's the number one thing that makes a winning book?

Compelling characters in an interesting story, with unexpected plot twists that stay within the bounds of reality.

3. Let's discuss your book Lost Secret of the Ancient Ones. Can you give us a short synopsis?

The Pharaohs of Egypt, Plato, Aristotle, Sir Isaac Newton, Francis Bacon and the late Stephen Hawking have all sought to learn the secret of the ancient ones. A secret so powerful it can change the world.

Sprinkled throughout the Egyptian Book of the Dead, the Bible and the Dead Sea Scrolls are references to the mysterious essence of the Philosopher's Stone. Has quantum physicist Dr. Alex Harrington unraveled the mystery? Missing for more than three months, powerful forces are desperate to find him, to learn what he has discovered. To stop him from exposing their plans.

Watching his daughter, they know that she received a package that contained her father's diary. What they don't know is that the wheels he has set in motion have launched her upon a perilous path. A path that holds the fate of the world in its balance.

As an archaeologist, science is Maya Harrington's religion—pragmatism, reason and probability her theology. Vowing to find her father, she is forced to confront the possibility that there are influences beyond reason and forces outside the realm of explanation.

As she unravels each layer of the greatest mystery of all time, it is becoming clear that there are those who have used the eclipse that crossed America in 2017 to initiate a countdown toward a worldwide conflagration. From out of the ashes this shadow organization will usher in a New World Order, all under the control of a few.

Is she deluding herself into believing that she was chosen to save humanity? Is destiny a hidden road paved at the onset of time?

Book I of The Manna Chronicles brings together ancient history, unassailable facts, and prophecies from across the ages; to the eye-opening possibility that for man, time is running out............

Publishers Weekly – For fans of Dan Brown's Lost Symbol and Michael Crichton's Congo.

4. You've been compared to Dan Brown with his Da Vinci Code. Do you think that's a fair comparison?

This was initiated by Publishers Weekly, but yes – it is a modern mystery using in part the Bible as clues.

With a primary female adventurer, it is best described as DaVinci Code meets Lara Croft

5. Was it difficult to include biblical stories? Were you cognizant of the backlash that might come from that?

It includes many ancient sources, including the Egyptian Book of the Dead, Ancient Prophesies as well as a host of science theories, so add one more ancient canonical text added plausibility vs. backlash.

6. The reviewer praises the realistic characters. Which one is your favorite? Which character do you love to hate?

Obviously Maya, the main character. There are a couple of nasty villains part of a global shadow government, the most prominent being Victor and his boss Charles Mann who is the face of the unknown leader of The Hidden Hand.

7. There are a lot of different locations in this book. Have you visited them all? How did you get them all so detailed?

I have visited many, it is my draw to alternative history. But for others, I have used Google Earth for accurate depictions, website descriptions of sites, specific buildings, restaurants and other places.

8. What's your favorite scene from the book?

I think their cruise down the Amazon and meeting with the Shaman. It is the reader's first introduction that her adversaries are real and dangerous. And the Shaman begins the opening up about alternative realities and dimensions.

9. Can you tell us a bit about the second book in the series? Is it out yet?

The second book Ghost Gold is out and I am working on the third. Ghost Gold continues the quest of the three adventures to save mankind from a coming apocalyptic nightmare being unleashed by the Hidden Hand. It picks up where Lost Secret ended, with Maya accepting the reality of being chosen in a game of destiny.

I like to end with fun questions.

10. What does your writing environment look like?

It has changed with a move recently, but I work at home alone with my two dogs that set my rhythm. I look out over green fields and sit at an old farm table as my desk. Lots of research, whiteboards and notebooks.

11. If you had to choose, would you rather get a tattoo or a piercing?

Piercing. Foolishness or debauchery is more easily undone. 😊

12. What's one article of clothing you couldn't live without?

Flip flops.

Visit the author's website: https://authorchrisreynolds.com/
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman

Return to “Author Interviews”