The Origins Debate, an article by Daniel Friedmann

This forum features articles, guest posts and advice columns written by authors.

Hosted by October Member of the Month, bookowlie.

Moderators: bookowlie, Special Discussion Leaders

Kuilawrence083
Favorite Book: The Raven's Trail (Book 1)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kuilawrence083.html
Latest Review: The Trials of Uwe, Parts I, II and III by Steven L Masia

Re: The Origins Debate, an article by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Kuilawrence083 »

This is such an amazing article, and in my opinion i think Bible is so wide and it requires an open mind to understand it what is sad is that almost everybody now has his/her own religion, just like how scientist community is now a religion and were are all fighting to be right or trying to make what we believe to be somebody else's truth and if they don't agree with us we make it a thing, or sometimes we make them our enemies, its just sad! Being a free spirited person that i am, i think they are infinite truths about the universe and how we came to live on Earth and 'your truth' is good as long as its working for you, and not what someone is telling you or trying to enforce in you. Flow with what feels natural and true to you.
JaneWanjiru1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by JaneWanjiru1 »

An interesting debate. I appreciate all points of view. I believe the arguments can assist each other. But what bothers me is that we all living beings are so similar. We breathe, drink, and have byproducts. Could all these have just happened? If we evolved someone created the original format. It's no wonder we are still debating.
Arr_dah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arr-dah.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Arr_dah »

A really interesting debate. Though, I doubt if there will be any consensus on this issue even in the nearest century.
Peace_Oluwatomilola

Post by Peace_Oluwatomilola »

I must say I did not expect the sudden twist in the article. My attention was caught by the introduction, then I continued reading till the end and I must say that as much as everyone is entitled to believe whatever they want, it is also important to bring hard facts to a debate of this magnitude. I believe in the divine creation of heaven and earth, the proof is right there in the Bible for all to see and over time, even till now there are a lot of things science cannot explain because science does not understand/agree with divinity. I hope things become clearer for all to see
Valleysanders

Post by Valleysanders »

I believe god created the earth and everything in it..no doubt...the bible tells us so..
ccundall2130
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Nora Roberts
Currently Reading: Atonement to a Greater God
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ccundall2130.html
Latest Review: Should I" Go Walkabout" in Australia by John Timms
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 3258

Post by ccundall2130 »

I love this! Scientists admit there are things that can’t be tested. Therefore, unexplained by science. Therefore, God’s hand is in it. Excellent article!
Noilaus
Currently Reading: Russia Hoax
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noilaus.html
Latest Review: Marco Martinez by R M Allan

Post by Noilaus »

Personally, I think that the greatest sin we philosophers have, is always trying to walk our own paths. I once was a creationist strong believer as to what I was taught, but as I am growing, I find that there are lessons in the bible which I argue with when I deeply think about them. The same applies to scientific theories, there are some theories which I argue with when I take time to think or experiment on something in my own way rather than the already taught theories . Thus, I think this book is a good tool to help learn about the conflict between science and scriptures.
WE BELIEVE IN EXCELLENCE.
Nicki3

Post by Nicki3 »

This is an old debate that will always exist. I am surprised that 33% believe humans evolved with God assisting in the process. I’m intrigued that scientist feel they can explain all aspects of the Origins of the universe, humans and life. When we still don’t know everything about how the brain works or why we have an appendix but we know everything else. I believe there are somethings we will never fully understand about the universe, life and even humans. COVID-19 has proven that already, and these were the smartest doctors in the world.
mbalahaso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by mbalahaso »

It's of no doubt, from the three points outlined by the writer, it is quite clear that the creationism theory has well proven to be the most appropriate. It explanation on the topic points straight to the fact that God is the Creator and controller of the earth and all that is in. The other theories should beat down their drums in acceptance of this very one.
Abacus
Favorite Book: Elizabeth's Garden
Currently Reading: Zonas de
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abacus.html
Latest Review: Elizabeth's Garden by Phillip Leighton-Daly
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Abacus »

The Origins Debate, an article by Daniel Friedmann - Last year, Daniel's work on the origins debate was new territory for me. His extensive research was compelling in suggesting that the translation we have of the Old and New Testament has been politicized and does not reveal the original Hebrew's true meaning. I await with great anticipation a rewrite of the Old and New Testaments that brings authenticity and enlightenment. The "Age of Reason" is alive, and more wonders await. Daniel, I appreciate your logic, reasoning, and authorship.
Cruisemomma
Currently Reading: A Bridge Through Time: Book 1 of the Thistle & Hive Series
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cruisemomma.html
Latest Review: Plume of Fire by Marie Fostino

Post by Cruisemomma »

I read the book & was totally fascinated that the book in the bibles is the one source that helps us track a timeline and rationale for our existence. I also love that the biblical accounts are matching up with current archeological finds throughout the world. Reading exodus through revelations gives you a clear description of the beginning of humankind to what can be expected in end times when our lord returns.
Shadownik

Post by Shadownik »

The notion that The Bible can be used as a tool for scientific evaluation is as wild sounds as wild as the argument of creationism itself. It is atmost a historical book on a relatively young religion and you must remember that there are countless religions across the world some alive and some dead with different ideas.
These are all at most a collection of ideals by a select group of people and there is nothing scientific about them.
If I write a fantasy with the location set in real time and space, that doesn't make my fantasy the truth.
In my opinion all it is is a collection of historical events some of them mystified and exaggerated and a bunch of ideals formulated based on these events.
Zwelakhe_mkhatshwa
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zwelakhe-mkhatshwa.html
Latest Review: Final Diagnosis by J. T. Madicus

Post by Zwelakhe_mkhatshwa »

Well, it maybe true that we don't full grasps on how the universe and the Earth itself was created but the bible goes not much deeper itself either. The interesting part is that, it isn't the only book of divinity that explains creation but that if Enoch. Even having Jesus come to earth didn't even convey any message to a lot of people about creationism.
Innocent Kingi

Post by Innocent Kingi »

What a way to dissect this topic. I really appreciate your effort to give meaning to this subject.
To make something clear, I am a child of God, descendant of Adam and Eve, a reserved Catholic but a Conservative Christian.
I have chosen to accept and stick to the biblical narratice of the Creation of the universe.
I would love it if you categorized people according their true nature before you decide on taking this survey of what does who believe; I boldly claim not every person is a human being-: those bone of Adam are human beings and children of God. Whereas, those born of other human like entities are witches. (Thats the reason when a human being learns the way of the witches its called witch-craft but himself who perfoms such crafts of the witches is not a witch himself but only a practioner). To understand the true-likeness of a witch you Must look at the Davinci painting of Monalisa. Yet these peoples are careful when existing among the humans.
So in the carrying out of this research, humans will always believe in the Biblical narrative of creatio whereas, witches and their offspring with humans shall always seek other means to explain existencia because they are aware the fore does not favor them.
When you of science not agreeing I am not surprised at all because science and metaphysics are not the same thing yet ww tend to take them to mean the same. Science is normal. It explains theories that tend to prove or to seem to rhyme with or support christianity. Metaphysics on the other incorporates knostic teachings and mysticism. Their kind of knowledge has roots from sources deeper than the sea. And whenever Alchemists have used sorcery to discover or put up something they say (Scientists) have discovered........
There is too much we can't say all here, but I beg you to categorise these things and if possible, re-do this research again. We are willing to acceptor reject your findings so long as they will resonate not only with our faiths and beliefs but with our origins and sole existence.
Shayman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Shayman »

I really love this article. I can't believe that their should be any percentage of human arguing the fact that, God played no role in the creation of human! Seems, science still has loads of work to do.

Return to “Author Articles”