The Origins Debate, an article by Daniel Friedmann

This forum features articles, guest posts and advice columns written by authors.

Hosted by October Member of the Month, bookowlie.

Moderators: bookowlie, Special Discussion Leaders

kaala Peterlyn
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: The Origins Debate, an article by Daniel Friedmann

Post by kaala Peterlyn »

In did creationism is the only way to explain everything so I stick to what I believe is the only best explained way.
adpoint

Post by adpoint »

Sometimes the position Science takes on some issues is funny, other times arrogant, and at best absurd. To say that a thing is real only if it can be tested by it -science, and given a scientific stamp of approval, or disapproval smacks of vanity.

The most beautiful, most complex and faultless piece of creation on earth, man, did not have scientific stamp of approval before it became reality. Or is science also denying the reality of human body, the very makeup of scientists?

Science, religion, and philosophy are just alternative routes of investigating the material universe. Or the matter world. But certain things go beyond the scope of these branches of study: the first Cause, or the first principle. To understand creation, you have to go outside creation. And that is to be in spirit. Spirituality has the answers to any age old question or debate but man is too dogmatic and therefore places limitation on his being.

Let me also restate the age old advice: "Man know thyself".

Singing, or reciting, or chanting, the word HU, which is the vibratory sound of the universe and everything in it is a sure way to go outside creation and view it with detachment.
Koalanna1324
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Koalanna1324 »

I really love this subject how it is being dissected in a respectable style, looking forward to read more articles of yours.
Mustique2020
Currently Reading:

Post by Mustique2020 »

Here in this passage, lies the approach that the scientific community should take to enquire, seek or investigate the possibility of creationism.

"The scientific community’s reaction to intelligent design makes it clear that progress in the debate requires creationism to be backed up by an approach that is testable and thus acceptable as “scientific.” This approach must therefore include explanations and predictions of aspects of the natural world that can be repeatedly tested and verified, in accordance with the scientific method."

Shouldn't the scientific community go as far back as the dead sea scrolls, if not the bible, to discover biblical history.
I became a believer in God and the existence of Jesus when I decided to read the old testament and the new testament. There were many predictions of his arrival, his presence on earth, and his impact on history.
Unless scientists are willing to delve into the pages of that history, they will continue to believe that there is a formula that is mixed in a test tube or glass to discover who is the creator and who created the creator.
There are people with incurable diseases who have testified of being healed or have been delivered from a perilous situation and confess that there must have been a higher being who rescued them. Who or what is that higher being? Maybe they can begin to record these (global) occurences and find answers, instead of doubting everything without first exploring it. Thanks for provoking conversation with this article Mr Friedmann. This reply was meant to be short.
Iam_b_e_l_l_e

Post by Iam_b_e_l_l_e »

The unknown is only known by God. Scientists only give logically facts or reasons to the creation of things. God himself should be the greatest scientist. He created everything perfectly. The work of the scientists is to give basic , theological and practical reasons on how everything God created are made. Left to me, the scientists facts and biblical reasons are highly accurate.
Fritzie24_02

Post by Fritzie24_02 »

This debate is the hardest, even in schools, teachers won't force you what would you believe in. But for me, it's both God created the Universe, and then later on, it just evolved on its own way.
MardiL
Favorite Book: A Gentleman in Moscow
Currently Reading: The Downstaris Girl
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of It Is Always NOW!

Post by MardiL »

Is there a way to fold Science in with the Bible? I have a strong background in science including time working in a research laboratory and having several articles with my name as one of the authors published in scientific journals. I also believe in God and the Bible. But I see no conflict between the two. I will attempt to provide a short synopsis of where I am coming from.

Let me start with something a Lutheran priest once told me. “You can’t reduce God to black words on a white page.” Any attempts we humans make in trying to describe or understand God or what He does or how He does it will always fail.

Enter the very first verses in the Bible, Genesis 1:1-2: “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.” [NIV]

This indicates to me that there was this planet out there floating through space for who knows how long and it was covered with water. It could have been billions of years for all we know. Why not? And where there is water there is life – yes? So, there must have been some kind of life forms there. Do you see my point?

Now I will just be clear: The God I believe in is by all means powerful enough to have created the earth in seven of our literal days. Still, it takes nine months for a human to form and years for a tall tree to evolve and we do see ongoing signs of evolution all of the time. In addition, the Bible says that:

Psalm 90:4 “A thousand years in your sight are like a day that has just gone by, or like a watch in the night.” [NIV]
2 Peter 3:8 “But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.” [NIV]

There is reason to believe that God (in fact, the universe) does not exist in time. A number of sound arguments have been made and books written that would seem to support this. For example, Reality Is Not What It Seems by Carlo Rovelli. According to this theory, time is an artificial reality in our world. It does not apply to God. So, I simply do not care how long it took to create the earth or how old the earth is. These discussions are all very interesting and being the curious creatures that we are we can’t help wondering. Still, I tend to think that if we get too caught up in endless discussions regarding this it might tend to detract our focus from what God really is all about.

At the end of the day all that matters to me is my own personal relationship with God. Trying to maintain that relationship while also trying to not be too bad of an example to others is a full-time job for me. Besides, it would seem that this dichotomy can never be fully resolved. You think?

Maybe someday I will tell you what I really think 😊.
Last edited by gali on 24 Mar 2021, 09:57, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Self-promoting
zinnia

Post by zinnia »

Nice debate...
We are all human no one can truly explain how
Nwachukwu Rosemary 2

Post by Nwachukwu Rosemary 2 »

Interesting.Thanks for sharing this article,I'm amazed lots believe in creationism over evolution. Food for for thought. But the thing is we all never know how we are here on Earth. Though I believe the facts in the Bible, but it doesn't explains more.
Anofi92
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures

Post by Anofi92 »

There are evidences backing The theory of evolution as proposed by Darwin and Larmack
These evidences show us that human and all other living things evolved from a simplest form of life.
For example at a point and thousands of million years ago modern man evolved from ape (ancient man) to modern man..what triggered this effect was that according to one of the theories proposed by Charles darwin ''when a part of the body is disused for a very long time it will degenerate...as the tail seen in ape and can't be seen in human..the tail was disused and hence it degenerated in human.
In religion all these are not true..God created the earth and all living things in it.
Anofi92
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures

Post by Anofi92 »

I like the article a lot..I like to hear anything concerning evolution.. I always wonder when I read theories on evolution trying to do comparison with what the bible says. The truth is that I wonder more because there is always contradictions..
Thanks for this interesting article!
social

Post by social »

Personally its nice to have different perspective views on creation theories. But its also nice to know that scientist are constant in finding out our origin. Daniel Friedman have history behind his theories i would love to read more of his theories
Kyekye1z49
Currently Reading:

Post by Kyekye1z49 »

Some articles also stated that we come from alligators,how true might that be since there's a lot of contradictions regarding some saying we came from monkeys
C3cilia
Currently Reading: My "enemy" in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-c3cilia.html
Latest Review: Divine Simplicity Day 3...Unity In The Community by Yasher Echad El

Post by C3cilia »

This is an interesting topic. It brings out the contemporary issues that involve the origin of the earth and all that is in it.The staunch christians will always support the religious beliefs while their counterparts second the scientific view. My stand would be the fact that both can interlink.God has always been attributed as the creator so he created the earth scientifically.i recommend this book to all the lovers and critics of books.
Larz91
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-larz91.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Larz91 »

I find this to be such an interesting subject. I am not well-versed in it whatsoever but this discussion makes me want to research it further.

Return to “Author Articles”