Guest Post: The Many Approaches to Writing by Kim Ekemar

This forum features articles, guest posts and advice columns written by authors.

Hosted by October Member of the Month, bookowlie.

Moderators: bookowlie, Special Discussion Leaders

CinWin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 311
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cinwin.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Re: Guest Post: The Many Approaches to Writing by Kim Ekemar

Post by CinWin »

Thank you for taking the time to share these great thoughts with us. I have learned a lot and will incorporate many of these ideas into my writing style. :tiphat:
----"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."----
cwags89
Currently Reading: California
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cwags89.html
Latest Review: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream by Dr Frank L Douglas

Post by cwags89 »

Thank you for sharing these tidbits and facts with us, Kim. The historical references were so much fun to read. The experimental writing sounds intriguing. It is a great article.
JD Stanley
Favorite Book: Blood Runner
Currently Reading: The Leyden Papyrus
Bookshelf Size: 65

Post by JD Stanley »

I think one of the biggest take-away here, especially for newer writers, is that there isn't a right way to approach your writing. There's a right way for YOU. Study the greats, get ideas and advice from everywhere, but you don't have to follow all of it just because someone says it's a good idea. Apply common sense and do the things that make sense to you.
Mrunal Tikekar
Currently Reading: Heartquake
Bookshelf Size: 289
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrunal-tikekar.html
Latest Review: Out of the Uniform, Back into Civilian Life: No Nonsense Veterans Benefits Guid by Jason Pike

Post by Mrunal Tikekar »

This is such an informative article. I have often found myself having only vague ideas of what I want to write and then keep improvising it. I also feel like I am similarly afflicted as Fritiof Nilsson. I need to continuously check my work before progressing onto the next page. That definitely slows me down, but makes me feel good at the same time.
gatuguta2030
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gatuguta2030.html
Latest Review: Spirit of the Season by Brian Lamont

Post by gatuguta2030 »

klbradley wrote: 21 Jul 2016, 19:51 Interesting to hear thoughts from the author!
I agree with you.Very captivating.
Lilyflower-x2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilyflower-x2.html
Latest Review: Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Post by Lilyflower-x2 »

I have never written but I think its time I started. Thank you for sharing tips that even beginner writers can use
Samuel Windybank
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mr-wimbaum.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Samuel Windybank »

It’s truly refreshing to be reminded that not all authors have the same writing process. The vast differences in their approaches are inspiring for an aspiring writer like myself. Maybe what I’m doing will work out 🤪
Susan Gibbs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-gibbs.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: From Weekend Golfer to Pro Golfer in Two Years by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Susan Gibbs »

Thank you for the interesting article. Some of the authors had very unusual methods of writing. The methods described are quite exciting. I like the idea of"Hopscotch"- reading chapters in any order. I'm sure the story would hardly make any sense at all. I would like to give that one a try.
Edgardo Buelva
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edgardo-buelva.html
Latest Review: Speedy Hurled Through Havoc by Dave Letterfly Knoderer

Post by Edgardo Buelva »

Another writer said backbreaking labor is what a writer need. I believe so too, stark realities are clearer in the eyes of those experiencing hardships, pain, or sickness.
Samuel Onowhakpor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-onowhakpor.html
Latest Review: Seeker: A Sea Odyssey by Rita Pomade

Post by Samuel Onowhakpor »

These aberrations from the normal techniques were what made them so successful; pioneers in every right. Thanks for the article.

Return to “Author Articles”