The truth and lies about DIGITAL MARKETING

Before posting in this marketing forum, please try to read 10 Step Plan to Promote Your Book: Online Book Marketing on Any Budget. This forum is mainly for followup questions and discussion after reading that book. This forum does indeed allow for much broader discussion of marketing and promotion than just that book, but it's good for everyone to be on the same page about the basics.

Please note, this forum is not for self-promotional plugs. It's for discussing how to promote your book or other writing.
Anngladys
Currently Reading: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anngladys.html
Latest Review: Christ Without a Bride by Michael J. Ray

Re: The truth and lies about DIGITAL MARKETING

Post by Anngladys »

Thanks for this information. It is very helpful.
Anngladys

Post by Anngladys »

niceman54 wrote: 11 Sep 2018, 02:38 The truth is that starting digital marketing may be discouraging because one have to build it websites, campaigns traffic etc before expecting return or earning. Thanks for your write up.
And on top of all that, ensure that our marketing campaigns are reaching the right people! Without that, it's like winking to a blind person. Can't see. Won't know. Won't buy.
Anngladys

Post by Anngladys »

perthy wrote: 15 Nov 2018, 01:51 Digital Marketing is hard if you don't know your niche and market. I beg to differ about the websites part, having a good website is crucial to your product's success only if the product or service needs it.You website is basically your online footprint and online portfolio for everyone to see. A good website means that the branding is good and good branding deals with people's emotions about buying the product. It's even simple to create a good website and it's not that hard at all even! You can now use sophisticated website builders to create a website easily.

Of course you will waste money and time if you focus on the wrong target market and wrong brand tone and voice for your service or product. A great plan is needed first before execution and your digital marketing won't translate to sales if you just decide to buy paid FB ads or Google ads.

I agree with you. Focusing on one or the other can be overrated. It's a combination of several factors. The right platforms, the right audience, the right marketing tools, high quality products and on top of all that, reviews to back up your claims. It IS a lot of work.

But I believe that if someone niches down properly, coupled with good market research, the rest can be relatively easy.

I wish us all the best!!
Anngladys

Post by Anngladys »

lisalynn wrote: 14 Apr 2019, 08:35 Since the doors to public access are now thrown wide open by the internet and social media, the competition for attention is fiercer than ever before. Plenty of quality books go unnoticed in favor of inferior offerings simply because an author is more "famous" or already in the public eye for something else.
I know, right? To beat the competition, or at least to be visible, one has to put in a lot of focused work.
Anngladys

Post by Anngladys »

sonamg9291710 wrote: 16 May 2019, 01:52 Nowadays, Digital marketing is the main source for all marketing products and services. So it's a bit hard to understand the business techniques and all, once you understood it will be easy.
This is so true.
Anngladys

Post by Anngladys »

Reni Stankova wrote: 20 May 2019, 11:44 I work in digital marketing, and it's all about trial and error. If something works for one product, it doesn't work for another. And even the same strategy doesn't work the same way on the same product. It needs constant work and development. It's extremely tiring.
This is very true. It's not a one-size fits all kind of a thing. We have to work hard for each item. It calls for a lot of focus, dedication and commitment to learn what works for each product, even if the products seem to be similar!
Anngladys

Post by Anngladys »

Reni Stankova wrote: 20 May 2019, 11:44 I work in digital marketing, and it's all about trial and error. If something works for one product, it doesn't work for another. And even the same strategy doesn't work the same way on the same product. It needs constant work and development. It's extremely tiring.
This is very true. It's not a one-size fits all kind of a thing. We have to work hard for each item. It calls for a lot of focus, dedication and commitment to learn what works for each product, even if the products seem to be similar!
njc28 wrote: 06 Jun 2019, 10:32 Digital marketing is growing every in the world, investors should search enough information before joining them to avoid regret.
njc28 wrote: 06 Jun 2019, 10:32 Digital marketing is growing every in the world, investors should search enough information before joining them to avoid regret.
I agree with you 100%.
marksm121
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by marksm121 »

Digital marketing can grow your business . Through Digital Marketing you can promote your product and services and get customer globally.
marksm121

Post by marksm121 »

we get backlinks using Digital marketing
maykohli0503

Post by maykohli0503 »

thanks for the valuable information about digital marketing. I've been looking for the best online digital marketing course.
Chelsey Coles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsey-coles.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Chelsey Coles »

VandaQ wrote: 22 Nov 2018, 05:13 Having studied marketing, I can tell you without a website you're more or less invisible to consumers. Not only that, but a good website can make the difference between a buy/view and complete disinterest.
Hi, thank you for this information. I am planning to start up my own website this year so this is golden information for me as a newbie. Invisible is a powerful way to word this situation!
“It's far less important to me to be liked these days than to be understood.” :sad-teareye:
― Lionel Shriver, We Need to Talk About Kevin
mannuka

Post by mannuka »

I work in digital marketing, and it's all regarding trial and error. If something goes for one product, it doesn't operate for another. And despite the same strategy doesn't work the identical way on the same product. It needs constant work and development. It's remarkably tiring. We have also backlinks in digital marketing.
Da Rafi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-da-rafi.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Da Rafi »

It does require good planning and the importance of information, because the competition on social media for digital marketing is quite fierce
04092B
Currently Reading: Wild World
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by 04092B »

I agree with most of your ideas. Thank you for sharing your knowledge. I will take these tips with me. I hope it will bring forth hope and good luck.
Md Tamim Hosen

Post by Md Tamim Hosen »

Hi dear sir/madam,My name is Tamim.I am a digital marketing expert.Are you looking for someone to promote your business? I promote various companies' brands, products and services. I have completed long training on Total Digital Marketing from CBA IT Institute and participated in many practical projects. I want a business or product to reach millions of people in the world.

Return to “Marketing and Promotion for Writers”