Advertise Your Book Here (Special Exemption to Usual Rules)

Before posting in this marketing forum, please try to read 10 Step Plan to Promote Your Book: Online Book Marketing on Any Budget. This forum is mainly for followup questions and discussion after reading that book. This forum does indeed allow for much broader discussion of marketing and promotion than just that book, but it's good for everyone to be on the same page about the basics.

Please note, this forum is not for self-promotional plugs. It's for discussing how to promote your book or other writing.
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Advertise Your Book Here (Special Exemption to Usual Rules)

Post by Scott »

One thing that makes these forums so enjoyable to the over 350,000 members who have joined is our strict anti-spam rules.

Among other rules, normally, an author cannot make posts mentioning their own book. However, this topic will be a special exemption.

If you are an author with a book that has been reviewed by the official OnlineBookClub.org review team, you can post about your book here. Make sure to include the link to either the review or the Bookshelves page for the book.

You can also optionally include a link to the book on Amazon in your post on this topic. To do this, you will need to use the BBCode (instructions for using the Amazon BBCode). If you cannot figure out the BBcode, don't worry, the review and Bookshelves page should have the Amazon link anyway.

If you have exciting news about your book or more reasons why readers might want to buy it besides what's listed on the review, share it here.

The following special rules will make the topic easy to navigate for readers:

Important Rules for This Topic:
  • The book must have been reviewed by the OnlineBookClub.org review team.
  • You must state the rating your book received from the OnlineBookClub.org review.
  • The post must include a link to either the official OnlineBookClub.org review or to the book's page on Bookshelves.

Has your book not been reviewed by OnlineBookClub.org? Click here to submit your book for review now

Tip for readers ~ If you are interested, scroll down to the bottom of the page and subscribe to this topic so you get notifications when authors post new updates about their books in this topic. It is a great chance to hear from authors who's books have been recommended by the trusted OnlineBookClub.org review team.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
Carrie R
Favorite Author: So many
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... d=19706">A Fine Balance</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of Eating Bull

Post by Carrie R »

Thank you, Scott! Perfect timing because my book "Eating Bull" is currently on SALE for $0.99 (ebook form) until Wednesday as part of an Ereader News Today promotion. (Kindle, iTunes, and Kobo. My publisher set the price to lower on B&N too, but for some reason it hasn't taken effect there yet.) Since it's the OBC March Book of the Month, I thought some readers might be interested.

Here's the link to the 4-star OBC review. http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/viewto ... 22&t=31106 Thanks again!
Official OnlineBookClub.org review of Eating Bull ~ March book of the month!

Review of The Seneca Scourge - Previous book of the month!
wingpeople
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">Memories & Secrets</a>
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by wingpeople »

Thanks, Scott!

I'm pleased to announce that The Daughters' Baggage will be offered as a Kindle Countdown deal starting this coming Saturday, February 27, 2016, for just 99¢.

My newest novel received a rating of 4 out of 4 stars in this recent review on the OnlineBookClub:
forums.onlinebookclub.org/viewtopic.php ... mp;t=33311

I hope you enjoy it.
chumblefish
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by chumblefish »

A Month of Bedtime Stories

Thirty-one read-aloud bedtime stories for children aged 5 to 8.

As I haven't posted enough, I cannot post a link to the 4-star onlinebookclub official review. I suppose it can be found easily enough using the search field above and I hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting about it here.

The main reason I'm posting about it now is because I recently released a follow-up to this book, so this is EXCITING NEWS, oh yes it is! :D
Lincoln
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: The Very Loving Caterpillar
Bookshelf Size: 48
Publishing Contest Votes: 9
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by Lincoln »

Raven's Peak

Multiple 3-4 star reviews at OBC. 4.4/5 review on Amazon across 165 reviews.
BOTM April, 2017 and BOTD March 24, 1017

Available on Amazon: Get it here!
OBC Review: OBC

Second Chances

Three out of Four on Online Book Club, and 4.6/5 review on Amazon across 60 reviews.

Available on Amazon: Get it here

Ripples Through Time

Three out of Four on Online Book Club, and 4.7/5 on Amazon across 65 reviews.

Available on Amazon: Get it here!
Lincoln's book, Raven's Peak is the OnlineBookClub.org April 2017 Book of the Month.

View Raven's Peak on Lincoln's website.

View Raven's Peak on Bookshelves
Prometheus_emissary
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Prometheus_emissary »

Hi there everyone!
I recently got my book reviewed here.

The Risen Beast's Divinity: A Guide for Humanity
3 out of 4 Rating from OBC. Although if anyone else wants to review it for fun go ahead :P

The Risen Beast's Divinity by Prometheus
(For some reason it will not let me add the url properly, so here it is broken up)

The Risen Beast's Divinity

The book is part narrative, part philosophic, part religious, and a little apocalyptic too. The goal of the book is to help you see the world in a new way and think of things how you might not have before. My goal is to help people in both their daily lives and in viewing big societal issues.
The review will have an amazon link but if anyone messages me, I uploaded a free pdf version online that I can share.
I love talking about the issues presented in this text, so if anyone wants to review it, or discuss it then please feel free to.
Last edited by gali on 12 Sep 2019, 22:47, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed link

Return to “Marketing and Promotion for Writers”