Literary Agent or No Literary Agent?

Before posting in this marketing forum, please try to read 10 Step Plan to Promote Your Book: Online Book Marketing on Any Budget. This forum is mainly for followup questions and discussion after reading that book. This forum does indeed allow for much broader discussion of marketing and promotion than just that book, but it's good for everyone to be on the same page about the basics.

Please note, this forum is not for self-promotional plugs. It's for discussing how to promote your book or other writing.
PeterRabitt20
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: The Power Of Our Inner Gremlins by Suzanne Daplyn

Re: Literary Agent or No Literary Agent?

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

I would send to publishing companies who accept unagented writers and send to literary agents as well. You'd get a wider range that way. Note, that I've never had a literary agent, so my advice is based on opinion. Good luck!
sar1003
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by sar1003 »

It looks like it has been a while since the last post, but I offer this advice:

Go with the plan which works best for your publishing and marketing budget.
Consider rejections as nothing more than speed bumps on the road to success. Do not let rejections stop you. Literary agents and editors offer helpful advice, although not in every response.

Submit to contests. Three of my unpublished manuscripts won awards in the past three years; three were for first place.

Keep writing. I landed a publishing contract with Genius Books for my nonfiction book Kill Your Characters. I still submit my novel manuscripts to agents and publishers. Patience works better than self-publishing a manuscript before it is ready. Accept it from me. I leaned to wait and am still writing and waiting.

Steve Rush

Return to “Marketing and Promotion for Writers”