Free Personal Marketing Advice from Proven Marketing Expert

Before posting in this marketing forum, please try to read 10 Step Plan to Promote Your Book: Online Book Marketing on Any Budget. This forum is mainly for followup questions and discussion after reading that book. This forum does indeed allow for much broader discussion of marketing and promotion than just that book, but it's good for everyone to be on the same page about the basics.

Please note, this forum is not for self-promotional plugs. It's for discussing how to promote your book or other writing.
Samuel Windybank
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mr-wimbaum.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Re: Free Personal Marketing Advice from Proven Marketing Expert

Post by Samuel Windybank »

Hi Scott,
I’ve finished my novel and am getting a cover made as we speak. What I’m wondering is if it’s worth getting my novel reviewed on here for feedback etc before it’s fully published? Thoughts?
Cheers,
Sam
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Mr_Wimbaum wrote: 19 Jul 2020, 20:16 Hi Scott,
I’ve finished my novel and am getting a cover made as we speak. What I’m wondering is if it’s worth getting my novel reviewed on here for feedback etc before it’s fully published? Thoughts?
Cheers,
Sam
Please note that one can't be a reviewer and submit his book for review at the same time.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Samuel Windybank
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mr-wimbaum.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Samuel Windybank »

gali wrote: 20 Jul 2020, 00:16
Mr_Wimbaum wrote: 19 Jul 2020, 20:16 Hi Scott,
Cheers,
Sam
Please note that one can't be a reviewer and submit his book for review at the same time.
Noted! Thanks
Anngladys
Currently Reading: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anngladys.html
Latest Review: Christ Without a Bride by Michael J. Ray

Post by Anngladys »

Scott wrote: 21 Apr 2017, 09:06 I'm a proven marketing expert. My website OnlineBookClub.org has over 140,000 members. My book Achieve Your Dreams earned over 4,000 downloads in the first week it was out on Kindle. In fact, one day it earned over 1,700 downloads on Kindle in a single day.

GET MY ADVICE FOR FREE NOW -- COMMENT HERE ASKING ME YOUR MARKETING QUESTIONS! I WILL ANSWER YOU!

It does not have to be about books and reading. It can be about marketing books, but it doesn't have to be. I'm happy to give you my advice on marketing in general. :)
Thanks for this, Scott!
How did you get 4,000 downloads in a week?
How did you grow your website to 140,000 members!
Anngladys

Post by Anngladys »

Scott wrote: 23 Apr 2017, 13:27
RJRees wrote:Hi Scott how and what is the best marketing advice for an Aurthur with a very limited budget

-- 23 Apr 2017, 04:21 --

noted
@RJRees

My most important marketing tip for everyone is this: 99% of marketing is product development. Great advertising only makes a bad product fail faster.

In almost every industry, including books, you probably don't need a huge raw advertising budget, but you do need a decent overall budget. That's because you do have to invest heavily in product development. You need to spend a ton of time and money before you even get to the advertising stage; and that's true across industries not just for books. There's really no way to avoid that, but you can get someone else to invest in your product.

Trying to produce and publish a book without a good budget is like trying to open a restaurant selling Grade F beef in a building with mold growing on the walls because the restaurant opener cannot afford a good building and good ingredients. The typical way for an author to get an 'investor' is to find a publisher. A traditional legitimate publisher will pay for the professional editing, professional cover design, professional file formatting, and so on. Publishing is expensive, and self-publishing if done right is expensive.

Wow, this is dee: My most important marketing tip for everyone is this: 99% of marketing is product development. Great advertising only makes a bad product fail faster.
Anngladys

Post by Anngladys »

Scott wrote: 24 Apr 2017, 11:31
kirby wrote:Hi, it's been months since my first book was published and till now i have not received the attention i had wished for. Help me out# i just want more readers. Wanna keep my book lively.
@Kirby For a general book marketing plan, I recommend you follow my 10 Step Plan to Promote Your Book.
Thanks for this! I'll look at the book!
aruntr2001
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aruntr2001.html
Latest Review: Theatre of Racial Conflict by Bunmi Popoola

Post by aruntr2001 »

Thanks, Scott. Your views really matters much. I am a novice writer and I think I should definitely get in touch with you once my work is almost done.
Film 14
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Film 14 »

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and marketing tips.
janealicebooks

Post by janealicebooks »

I am very excited. We just published my new book via Amazon KDP and now I am looking for your suggestions on the best ways to promote it and get sales?

What I already did..
1. basic reviews from fans&followers
2. joined Onlinebookclub and applied for reviews,
3. Applied for goodreads, indiestoday, thefussylibrarian, readersfavorit, momschoiceawards. (though they will take many weeks if not months to get any results). Maybe more of websites like that are recommended to apply?
4. Started PPC from amazon, google ads and facebook ads though I get almost no impressions on them despite high bids.
5. Trying to reach moms influencers and kids book reviews social media

I would like to hear your suggestions on the most effective ways to promote the new self published book and get sales?
Cheers! 👏🏻
sharma22

Post by sharma22 »

There Is No Magic Marketing Strategy
There is no magic bullet.
The goal of marketing is to connect your business’ value to the right customer base. It’s a simple concept but it can take on a million different shades.
Do wdemographics make up your customer base?
Where do they live?
Where do they hang out online?
How do they look for products in your niche?
Who do they listen to when making decisions relative to your product?
The answers to these questions determine which marketing strategies will be viable and which will be a waste of time.
In other words, the key to success for your business is not Facebook Ads.
It’s not SEO.
It’s not conference networking
Reynaldo Albano
Currently Reading: Colors
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Reynaldo Albano »

Marketing online or in material world is too complex and puzzled various ways. Not all sellers are successful on field. Needs specific analysis and study. Must have commercial skills on the specified task. Knock outs of funds make take place and bankruptcy is on face to face. No one is clever enough with the degrees of studies because CEO commits suicides after downfall of prices. This needs more tutorials and videos and applications of books. The market faces lossing or gaining, well done for this experienced personnels. But all sees the hanging ropes for death to come. In bitcoin marketing online all loves to inter but only 20 people are having progressions. Investments may end up zero in buckets.
jossefs
Currently Reading: The Biblical Clock
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by jossefs »

Hi Scott
First of all you have an amazing website that have a really brilliant idea behind it which give you the most targeted audience of both readers and authors who are also readers. so it does not require much effort from you to have a high successful book promotion.
anyway
I have a question for you, I am an Engineer and I have no time to spend in marketing and promotion strategies, and my target audience is very narrow, I wrote about the "Philosophy of existence" from the point view of ancient civilization like Hermetic and the origin of religion, which most readers do not care about such philosophy and prefer fiction reading.
what would be your most effective strategy (other than pay per click) to attract readers and reviews. I really seek reviews because I am working on my second book.

thank you for giving us a platform like this :)
KERRYLOPEZ

Post by KERRYLOPEZ »

FREE PERSONAL MARKETING ADVICE FROM PROVEN MARKETING EXPERT

It can be tough to know where to start with marketing your own business. These days, there are so many options and strategies that it can be hard to determine which ones are best for you and your specific company. That’s where a marketing expert can come in handy.

If you’re looking for free personal marketing advice, look no further than the following suggestions from a proven marketing expert:

1. START WITH A STRATEGY

Before starting any marketing campaign, it’s important to have a plan and to know what you’re trying to achieve. Define your goals and target audience before you do anything else – this will help you to focus your efforts and to measure your success later on.

2. USE SOCIAL MEDIA

Social media is a great way to reach a large number of people quickly and easily. Platforms like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn offer a variety of ways to target your audience and communicate with them directly. Make sure you use all of the features available to you and experiment with different techniques to see what works best for you.

3. CREATE CONTENT THAT ENGAGES

In order to attract and keep the attention of your target audience, you need to produce content that is engaging and relevant. This could be in the form of blog posts, articles, videos, images or infographics. Make sure the content is high quality and provides value to your audience.

4. PARTNER WITH OTHER BUSINESSES

Partnering with other businesses can be a great way to expand your reach and to market your products or services to a new audience. Look for businesses that are a good fit for you and that share your values. collaborating with them to create joint marketing campaigns can be a successful strategy.

5. BE CREATIVE

When it comes to marketing, there are no set rules – so be creative and experiment with different techniques. Try different things and see what works best for you and your company. And most importantly, have fun with it!

Conclusion

If you're looking for free personal marketing advice, then you should definitely check out the tips offered by this marketing expert. He has a lot of experience in the field, and his advice is likely to help you improve your marketing efforts.
I Like Fiction Books
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-i-like-fiction-books.html
Latest Review: Merlin's Rings: Book One: Young Crusaders by Virginia Hoyt

Post by I Like Fiction Books »

Any creative ideas for promoting products on social media platforms? For example, selling art.
losTcHild50

Post by losTcHild50 »

Hi Scott,

you mentioned needing to spend 'a decent amount' on advertising - what's a ball park figure?

Return to “Marketing and Promotion for Writers”