How best to use social media?

Before posting in this marketing forum, please try to read 10 Step Plan to Promote Your Book: Online Book Marketing on Any Budget. This forum is mainly for followup questions and discussion after reading that book. This forum does indeed allow for much broader discussion of marketing and promotion than just that book, but it's good for everyone to be on the same page about the basics.

Please note, this forum is not for self-promotional plugs. It's for discussing how to promote your book or other writing.
CliffordPhillips
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: How best to use social media?

Post by CliffordPhillips »

face book is the best social media to use. Here you can share anything that you like most.
Mamcp

Post by Mamcp »

I work in Digital and Social Media Marketing Analytics, dont forget to "target and measure." Each social media platform gears toward different audiences and serves different purposes, and have different ways of measuring success. Here are some basics for targeting and measuring:

- Instagram: has a younger demographic audience, and achieves higher engagement and more customization and personalization for your target audience (i.e. comments and utilizing optimal hashtags). To do a promotional post, make sure your profile Is public and add relevant hashtags to draw in your target audience

-Facebook: has an older demographic, but has a higher reach than Instagram but far lower engagement. However, if you have a business page, Facebook offers free in-platform analytics to measure clicks, likes, views, engagement, growth so you can narrow down your audience from a larger reach. You can also target open Facebook groups.

-Twitter: also skews younger, and can be used as a tool to speak directly with your audience and ask direct questions and get direct replies. This can help you find data on your audience's psychographics such as interests and preferences in order to better create targeted content across all platforms.

Make sure all platforms have a link to your book/website to purchase, each site will measure how many people click your link.
BookPower9
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 387

Post by BookPower9 »

Just keep on posting and writing informative messages. So that all can see it and maybe use it for personal development.
Zion Mesa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zion-mesa.html
Latest Review: Business Basics BootCamp by Mitche Graf

Post by Zion Mesa »

I'm trying to learn the same thing but for my music, so I understand the struggle.
mikekane

Post by mikekane »

Join Group revelant to your topic or niche and share or promote your book there
bunmiolu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bunmiolu.html
Latest Review: My Heart in Kenya by Ruth Beardsley

Post by bunmiolu »

The best way I think social media can be used is to post more about a niche you have created for yourself. Create that brand you and let most of your posts on social media accurately project you. That niche does not have to always be professional, it can be something fun. Before you know it, you can start making money from it, without you planning for that earlier.
gayscott
Favorite Book: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gayscott.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by gayscott »

Social media is a great when to connect with people . The more people you're connected with that have your same interests makes life more enjoyable. It also helps to boost your sale of an idea or a book, if they are already comfortable talking to you and like you.
I can do all things through Christ who strengtheneth me. :reading-6: :reading-6: :angelic-cyan:
Grace Bela
Currently Reading: Jesus Calling
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-bela.html
Latest Review: Moon Luck by Wayne Scott Harral

Post by Grace Bela »

I've found Twitter to be a great platform for connecting with people from all over the world. There are tons of authors and book lovers, and it's great hearing what they have to say.
Geoff-herridge

Post by Geoff-herridge »

I have a couple of ebooks on Amazon. I am about to do Instagram posts and stories to highlight both books. I will have approximately 60 posts and stories all up. I have a professional social marketing person doing the work for me.
shrikant275

Post by shrikant275 »

Social media is one of the best ways to get our work known. Engaged in the community and appreciated your readers will provide you with more opportunities to update your work.
Samuel Windybank
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mr-wimbaum.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Samuel Windybank »

I find engaging it writing related tags on Twitter quite useful. And follow other writers! See what they do and how it can help you. Also, join writers groups on Facebook. There are a bunch out there that are super useful for self publishing authors
Anngladys
Currently Reading: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anngladys.html
Latest Review: Christ Without a Bride by Michael J. Ray

Post by Anngladys »

EmilyWilliamson wrote: 30 Aug 2019, 05:50 Social Media Tips for Small Business

1. Start with a plan
2. Decide which platforms are right for you
3. Know your audience
4. Build relationships
5. Expand your audience
6. Share compelling visuals whenever you can
7. Focus on quality over quantity
8. Use the right tools
9. Monitor and respond to all social media conversations around your business
10. Schedule your content to free up more time for engagement
11. Track and refine your performance

This is such a wonderful write-up! I'm definitely taking notes!
Anngladys

Post by Anngladys »

Mr_Wimbaum wrote: 22 Jul 2020, 21:37 I find engaging it writing related tags on Twitter quite useful. And follow other writers! See what they do and how it can help you. Also, join writers groups on Facebook. There are a bunch out there that are super useful for self publishing authors
Great advice!
See what other writers are doing. Awesome.
Anngladys

Post by Anngladys »

Geoff-herridge wrote: 05 Jun 2020, 06:46 I have a couple of ebooks on Amazon. I am about to do Instagram posts and stories to highlight both books. I will have approximately 60 posts and stories all up. I have a professional social marketing person doing the work for me.
Sounds like a great plan. Will you make the time to personally interact and engage with your followers and fans?
Anngladys

Post by Anngladys »

bunmiolu wrote: 08 May 2020, 20:23 The best way I think social media can be used is to post more about a niche you have created for yourself. Create that brand you and let most of your posts on social media accurately project you. That niche does not have to always be professional, it can be something fun. Before you know it, you can start making money from it, without you planning for that earlier.
Very helpful tip!! Thanks!

Return to “Marketing and Promotion for Writers”