Other forms of writing

Before posting in this marketing forum, please try to read 10 Step Plan to Promote Your Book: Online Book Marketing on Any Budget. This forum is mainly for followup questions and discussion after reading that book. This forum does indeed allow for much broader discussion of marketing and promotion than just that book, but it's good for everyone to be on the same page about the basics.

Please note, this forum is not for self-promotional plugs. It's for discussing how to promote your book or other writing.
autumnroseb
Currently Reading: Twisted But True
Bookshelf Size: 11

Other forms of writing

Post by autumnroseb »

I have published a few short-reads myself on Amazon, but this isn't what I aim to do as a career. I currently produce content articles for business and websites. My dream job, though, would be to have a successful blog, and/or write for a platform like BuzzFeed.

What about everyone else? Is anyone else a writer that isn't hoping to write a book, but rather work more like a journalist?
Anngladys
Currently Reading: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anngladys.html
Latest Review: Christ Without a Bride by Michael J. Ray

Post by Anngladys »

Yes, I like the field of journalism. I enjoy interviewing people for written articles as well as audio-visual productions. I also enjoy speaking on various topics. So there's more to my writing, it is not an end in itself.
aruntr2001
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aruntr2001.html
Latest Review: Theatre of Racial Conflict by Bunmi Popoola

Post by aruntr2001 »

I really enjoy the audio books and the video books. They are also more enjoyable as equally as a paperbacks.
Black Jewel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-black-jewel.html
Latest Review: The Game by Molly Perry

Post by Black Jewel »

I would love to become an editor. But honestly, I would be thrilled to become a published author if that career landed on my doorstep.
Lizzie Mustard
Favorite Book: The Moonstone
Currently Reading: Lessons in Chemistry
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lizzie-mustard.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Post by Lizzie Mustard »

I just enjoy writing and reviewing books as an interesting hobby. I'll never make big bucks but my hobby pays the household bills and an overseas holiday every year.

Return to “Marketing and Promotion for Writers”