Discussion of The Wedding Gift

Members of the forum choose and read a new book every month together, and then discuss it. You can nominate a book to be book of the month using the book's page on Bookshelves. Simply click the link that says 'Nominate for book of the month' on the left side of the book's Bookshelves page near the social sharing buttons. Don't be scared to nominate, as you can change your nomination to a different book if you think of something better.

How do you rate The Wedding Gift by Marlen Suyapa Bodden?

1 star - poor, recommend against reading it
No votes
2 stars - okay, fair
75%
3 stars - good, recommend it
25%
4 stars - excellent, amazing
No votes

Total votes: 4

Mikail Light
Currently Reading: Terms of Service
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mikail-nurur-rahmon.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Re: Discussion of The Wedding Gift

Post by Mikail Light »

Because I get too upset reading this kind of writing, I wasn't looking forward to reading it. I typically steer clear of anything. I find it painful to consider how my forefathers were treated. These kinds of books are helpful in making sure we never forget what happened, which is wonderful and vital, but as I already mentioned, I lack the strength to get through most of them.
The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.~ Socrates :techie-studyingbrown:
Mmeso Goodness
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmeso-goodness.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Mmeso Goodness »

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. I found living a life that isn't your own very intriguing as I have been in that shoes before. The series of events that occured kept me at the edge of my seat.
The women in this book were really strong.

Return to “Book of the month”