The Resistance

Discuss the April Book of the Month Shot Down by Steve Snyder.
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Re: The Resistance

Post by markodim721 »

I believe that, in such circumstances, I would join The Resistance. The reason is that I believe in civilization and its achievements.
Authentic Voice
Favorite Book: Selling with Presence
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-authentic-voice.html
Latest Review: Last Words from Above by Jeremy Brown

Post by Authentic Voice »

Nitya wrote: 15 Apr 2016, 18:52 Sitting in the comforts of my home and having the privilege of living in the free country of the United States of America, I think, or would like to think for that matter, that I would unquestionably take a stand against the evil plaguing my fellow citizens. This scenario may not be too different from most who are faced with such a question, however one must remember that this conclusion was made in a world so far away. Though I may strive to see the world from their shoes, it is impossible to experience the same amount of pressure and temptation to take the easy way out. Living in the 21st century without the same level of turmoil, I have not been tested and challenged in the same way that those boys have. It is easy to claim that we are all brave but we cannot truly know what our values really are until we are faced with that very decision in person. We would be surprised at what we are capable of or incapable of when put in such a time of desperation. For it is during times like this that human selfishness becomes stronger than the values we are taught.
i agree with you.
Paluk Pathania
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paluk-pathania.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Post by Paluk Pathania »

I'd like to be a part of The Resistance without a doubt. To do what they did requires a lot of courage, and I applaud them for their bravery.
Elenimo Chembe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elenimo-chembe.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Elenimo Chembe »

That is a very interesting question. I do think I could have been part of the group. Life is more than just about yourself and true fulfilment is found in blessing others. I really applaud these men and hope in the future if any necessity arises I will emulate them.
Sheila Gehlmann
Currently Reading: Chasing Time
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sheila-gehlmann.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Sheila Gehlmann »

I'm not sure whether I would join the Resistance or not. In my heart, I would like to take part in the rescue mission, to support the men, but it was very dangerous and many lost their lives in the process. I may have selected a less dangerous role to assist in the Resistance effort, if there was such an option.
Abdul-Malik Hassan
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Linnea Tanner
Currently Reading: How to jumpstart your faith in 21 days!
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abdul-malik-hassan.html
Latest Review: “Wisdom Of The Men” by Clint Arthur
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 79732

Post by Abdul-Malik Hassan »

Given the role that 'The Resistance' were playing, I would probably say that it is an exceptional choice. I always see sacrifice as an alternate option given the circumstances. For the greater good...

Return to “"Shot Down" by Steve Snyder”