The Prince and The Dressmaker by Jen Wang

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Evetheartist
Bookshelf Size: 0

The Prince and The Dressmaker by Jen Wang

Post by Evetheartist »

The first thing I want to address in this graphic novel is the art style. The artist used a very fluid, shape-driven, and colorful art style. It was absolutely beautiful and most likely hand done (I believe she speaks about the process in the back of the book). The storyline was equally breathtaking. A seamstress is hired by a mysterious customer to design dresses for them, after she designs a dress that is beautiful but seen as a disgrace to the event it was made for. As the seamstress arrives she finds that she is the new seamstress for the prince! The prince enjoys wearing dresses, and they runoff into the night together, experiencing wonderful adventures. I want to point out that the author/artist designed these dresses herself. They were astounding designs that I wish I had the opportunity to wear. My favorite was the white dress with the flower print on it. This graphic novel is a must read. If you find yourself with a free afternoon, sit down and devour this book. You’ll have a wonderful time.

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”