Official Review: Windshield by Dr.Haribhajan S. Khalsa

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nikolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Official Review: Windshield by Dr.Haribhajan S. Khalsa

Post by Nikolas Farmakis »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Windshield" by Dr.Haribhajan S. Khalsa.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Windshield by Dr. Haribhajan S. Khalsa is a colorful book with inspirational quotes and wonderful images. The author wrote this book as a coping mechanism for the challenges in his life. He says that in life, things like fear, anger, and resentment often hit our windshield, but art and poetry can clear our windshield and restore our vision. The mood of the book is positive, poetic, and inspirational.

Firstly, the author writes a few quotes about infinite love and freedom for the soul. He uses some paintings of space, forests, and nature to illustrate his points. Next, he focuses on the things that people hold on to in life that keep them back from opportunities in life. Then, he shares some paintings related to his trip to the Sierra Mountains. He later explores the theme of spring and resurrection, while he also compares science, religion, and art. He also shares some paintings of his place in Nuthatch in Oregon. Further, the writer explores the theme of imagination, eternity, and freedom by using paintings that illustrate height and rising above issues. He also adds some humorous paintings related to Covid-19. The author then talks about the significance of storms that make us stronger.

There were many things that I found interesting in this book. For one, the text was very original and unique, which added a sense of authenticity to the book. What I liked most about this book was that the writer added wonderful pictures and meaningful illustrations in the text, which added a sense of beauty to it, assisting the reader in understanding the writer’s quotes.

There were, however, some negative aspects to this book. Firstly, this book was unprofessionally edited, as I found numerous errors in the text, which were significant for such a small book. What I disliked most about the text was the fact that the writer did not elaborate on his points, so some of the quotes were vague and confusing.

I think that readers who love nature, animals, and the environment will highly enjoy this book. This is because the author promotes veganism, while he also included many paintings related to nature. Hinduist readers will prefer this book because there are references to Hindu temples, meditation, and yoga.

Conclusively, I rate this book with 2 out of 4 stars. I removed two stars from the book because it was confusing and poorly edited. I did not give it a lower score since it was original, and it contained artistic paintings.

Windshield
View: on Bookshelves
Jennifer Aldo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-aldo.html
Latest Review: War Tower by Joseph Leo DeCelle

Post by Jennifer Aldo »

The only thing that would put me off this book is the grammar errors. Otherwise, I think it's a good read. Thanks for the review.

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”