Official Review: Indigo Clan Chapter 1 by Ry-El Nagasta

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mindy Conahye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindy-conahye.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Official Review: Indigo Clan Chapter 1 by Ry-El Nagasta

Post by Mindy Conahye »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Indigo Clan Chapter 1" by Ry-El Nagasta.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Indigo Clan Chapter 1 is written by Ry-El Nagasta and is illustrated by Anthony A. Anglero. It is a 36 page contemporary story about Deva, a young teenage girl with mystical abilities and paranormal powers. It is written in a comic book style. The illustrations help to bring the story to life.

Deva is a teenage girl who has noticed she is feeling different. She sees and feels things differently than those around her. When she encounters a man who gives her stones and talks in rhymes, she isn't taken back or surprised by this odd occurrence. The man reappears later when Deva is threatened by a group known as the Reptoids. Once Deva is safe, she learns she isn't a normal teenager. She has special abilities and is part of the Indigo Clan. Her life is about to take on a whole new meaning.

Readers who enjoy comic books will want to read this story. Those who enjoy plots being about paranormal activities will also like reading this book. It would be geared more towards teenagers and young adults because of the content. Readers who prefer larger stories will want to skip this one. Readers who aren't fans of comic books won't find the book enjoyable. It is also one book from the series so those who don't like to read series might want to pass on reading this one too.

I liked that this book is based on paranormal activity. I feel like the author thought outside of the box when creating the topic for the story and the plot the characters would follow. I enjoyed the character development in the book. Deva is a likeable character who has a relaxed personality. I like how she is learning more about who she is and what abilities she contains. The illustrations help the reader to visualize what is happening in the story. I enjoyed that the book was proofread and contained no errors. The book could have used a little more detail about Deva and her friend at the beginning of the book. It starts abruptly with them walking down the street with a man watching them. A little background information might have been helpful.

I rated this book 4 out of 4 stars. I did not find any errors in the book. It appears to be professionally edited. I feel the author did a good job in developing the characters and the plot. The author also did a good job grabbing the reader's attention and keeping it. The storyline is enjoyable. The illustrations go with the story and help the reader to see what is going on. The book could have had a little more detail in the beginning of it, but overall, the story is good and easy to get into. I would be willing to read more books in this series.

Indigo Clan Chapter 1
View: on Bookshelves
Mac :techie-reference:
Michael Jerry_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michaeljerry309.html
Latest Review: A Big Blue Boat by Susea Spray

Post by Michael Jerry_ »

This is a book I'm looking forward to reading. The book cover is eye-catching and I love myself a good series especially one with paranormal activities and powers.
Mo_v
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mo_v »

The starting of the comic seems like it started of as any other superhero comic but the plot seems to take a turn and that makes it more interesting and makes me more excited to read it
Humera955
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-humera955.html
Latest Review: Smart Love by Vincent Fudge II
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Humera955 »

Seems like a great book
Looking forward to read it📖
:tiphat:

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”