Official Review: Nobody Meets Jesus by Doretha Johnson

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Last minute wedding date by Anthony george

Official Review: Nobody Meets Jesus by Doretha Johnson

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Nobody Meets Jesus" by Doretha Johnson.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Sometimes, we face trials, troubles, tribulations, and difficulties that are overwhelming. What do we do at this point? Give up on ourselves? Perhaps, throw in the towel? Doretha Johnson uses this book to tell us about “somebody who can save everybody.”

Nobody Meets Jesus is a work of fiction. The author recounts her challenges with her children and grandchildren. Even in her trials, she maintained her relationship with Jesus, and He did not disappoint. As a result, she got the inspiration to write this book titled Nobody Meets Jesus. The book is about a family known as the “Alcoholics Family” (Mr. Alcoholic, Mrs. Alcoholic, and Nobody, their sixteen-year-old son). The devil possessed their home. Due to the troubles at home, Nobody finds himself in the Demonic Tavern owned by a dark, shapeless evil spirit. Will Nobody be able to make it out of the Demonic Tavern alive after signing a binding no-way-out contract?

At first, I got confused with the names of the characters like Nobody, Mr. and Mrs. Alcoholic, Temptation, Hooker, Prostitute, Stripper, Lazy, Fear, etc. The plots also had names like Death Valley Drive, Hellbound Alley on Hopeless Avenue, Demonic Tavern, etc. Along the line, everything became clear to me as I began to venture more into the story. I was engrossed, and I found it difficult to put the book down. I must applaud the author for a job well done. She featured many characters in this book, and I could relate to all of them. And that is the aspect I love the most. The character development is flawless. Readers will naturally fall in love with Faith, Nobody's angelic sister. Jesus was another character that stood out.

I must say that Ms. Johnson is highly creative when it comes to writing, and she didn't leave any stone unturned in her storytelling. She made it so captivating to satisfy a lot of people. Suspense, intrigue, excitement, fun, humor, terror, true friendship, and romance were the attributes of this great piece. The combination of genuine love and romance between Nobody and Mercy in this book was so appealing. I believe adults and couples will learn a lot from them.

The author took me on a fascinating journey with Jesus' character. He went about performing diverse miracles, including signs and wonders. There are lots of lessons to learn from this novel, and one of them is that Jesus is ever ready to accept us back to his bosom, turn our lives around, and give us new names. Ms. Johnson also opened our eyes to know that no matter what we face in life, Jesus is always with us. All we need to do is to call on that supernatural name, Jesus. Besides, readers will learn to reach out to the poor, the homeless, and the aged ones in their midst just like Jesus did.

Furthermore, there are so many aspects of this book that I found interesting. The author's description of events was real and viable, and I was drawn into the storyline. I saw myself filled with emotions: excitement, and at some points, shed tears of joy. The author also adopted a simple writing style, making it easy to assimilate.

In conclusion, I'm glad to rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because there is nothing I dislike about it. I believe this book is professionally edited since I found some typos in it. I thoroughly enjoyed this book, and it imparted useful knowledge to me. This novel is not like most boring Christian books. I will recommend it to Christian adults who need Jesus, salvation, and personality change.

Nobody Meets Jesus
View: on Bookshelves
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

It looks like an interesting book, and at least it has a catching name :). Great job with the review!
zyxskip
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31

Post by zyxskip »

Well done. So Nobody really encountered Jesus. And their meeting made a chain reaction from bad to good for all the characters. You were captivated by this book and you're review is very insightful of the events in the story of Nobody. Thanks to the author's fascinating creativity. This could be a good read for everyone.
Tarilan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarilan.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Tarilan »

Ms. Johnson is right. All we ever have to say is that we need Jesus and he will be there. The bible says that we should call on his name and he will answer. Thanks for the recommendation.
Doris Mbotela
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-do57.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Doris Mbotela »

This review is a detailed yet summarized glance at the entire story. It sounds interesting. I would definitely like to read it.
Michael Jerry_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michaeljerry309.html
Latest Review: A Big Blue Boat by Susea Spray

Post by Michael Jerry_ »

I was wowed when I realized that the title meant that Nobody met Jesus, meaning that someone met Jesus making the title and its meaning Ironic. That’s genius I have to add this book to my bookshelf it’s going to delight my taste buds as I read. I also have to commend the reviewer as this is a well-written review.
Dwarika
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Dwarika »

It's an awesome book filled with truths. The title alone will make someone want to read to find out how no one meets JESUS. I am intrigued
Bookishkrish24
Currently Reading: From Drift to SHIFT
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookishkrish24.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Bookishkrish24 »

I sampled a few characters in this book but was not sure about giving it a try. But reading your review makes me want to read it. Thanks for the review.
Gbemisola Akinremi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35

Post by Gbemisola Akinremi »

What a captivating and interesting review for an ironic book title, wouldn't realise Nobody is actually someone who met Jesus, such a sweet irony. Such creativity in a Christian novel, I love it and would definitely like to read it soon. Thank you for such beautiful review and it's refreshing to know Jesus is always there...
GreatReviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-greatreviews.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by GreatReviews »

i'm intrigued first, by the title of the book. Secondly, your review contains lots of points in the book, and the book should be useful for me as well.
Mariana Figueira
Favorite Book: Tujunga
Currently Reading: Cloud Atlas
Bookshelf Size: 215
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariana-figueira.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Mariana Figueira »

Sounds like a lovely book. Thanks for the great review, really.
"No two persons ever read the same book" Edmund Wilson
Kasun Perera
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kasun-perera.html
Latest Review: The White Coat Effect by L.B. Wells

Post by Kasun Perera »

I just remembered Nobody hurting the one eyed giant in Odyssey. This one seems an interesting read. Thanks for the descriptive review
Harty Muli
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: Singularity by Jayme A. Oliveira Filho

Post by Harty Muli »

I like the creative way that the author uses the story and title to capture her audience. Thanks for the captivating review.
Eutoc
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eutoc.html
Latest Review: My Ups And Downs by Sam Barder

Post by Eutoc »

Hooker, Nobody, Mr and Mrs Alcoholics, etc. these names are quite creative on the author's part. I feel these attributes are more accentuating when it becomes a character's name. A reader would have more clarity when reading the book.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 301
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

Well well, the title of this book is rather ambiguous. I did not expect the contents of the book to be pro-Jesus. I guess it's true what they say, never judge a book by its cover.
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”