Official Review: Human Cosmic Warrior by Trent Barfield

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chelsy Scherba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jordan David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 837
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsy-scherba.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 64963

Official Review: Human Cosmic Warrior by Trent Barfield

Post by Chelsy Scherba »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Human Cosmic Warrior" by Trent Barfield.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Human Cosmic Warrior by Trentbar is a poetry book written and illustrated by the author. You are a universal being that is both light and dark. Your purpose is divine and in alignment with your spirit, ancestors, wisdom, and nature. This art book showcases the wondrous connections between humanity, consciousness, the world, and God.

I wasn’t exactly sure what to expect when I decided to review this book; however, I truly enjoyed browsing through the interesting art and thought-provoking poetry. Trentbar’s artistic style is reminiscent of Picasso and other modernist artists, but the artistic themes are decidedly New Age with an Eastern religious bent. The pervading and recurring themes seem to be third eyes, mouths, hands, stars, yin and yang, and harmony between ourselves, the universe, and nature.

The poetry is also designed artistically. It follows the same philosophical ideas as the art in a handwritten, easy-to-read font that is appealing and matches the art style. Many of the illustrations include poetry in them as well. A lot of the messages were about love, Star People, and overcoming darkness with light. There are also themes discussing the duality of humanity and the circular cycles of life and the cosmos.

As far as errors and mistakes, I didn’t notice anything that didn’t appear to be done intentionally. Sometimes “ur” is substituted for “your” and he’s not fond of including apostrophes in words like “don’t”, but since these are stylistic choices, I can’t say they’re really errors. The size of the book is also great for showcasing the art inside. This eye-catching pink book would be an excellent addition to your coffee table collection with its large, glossy pages and velvety-soft cover.

This book is both easy to read, and beautiful to behold. Nearly every illustration is in full color; a few were in impactful black and white. I also found myself impressed with the many different designs he made and his eye for creativity. Personally, I would have run out of things to draw after just five pages, but Trentbar seemed to effortlessly breeze through 159 pages without becoming too stale. I would mostly consider this an art book accompanied with words so if you love art, this book would be perfect for you. I also recommend the book to people who enjoy New Age and Eastern philosophies. Christian and traditional religions will probably not relate to the book as much. Since there’s really nothing to criticize about this book, I rate it 4 out of 4 stars.

Human Cosmic Warrior
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

This book is really artistic. 159 pages filled with creative works and poems is great, and the duality, god, humanity, spirit themes can be mused upon. Thankyou for a lovely review!
angelap5467
Favorite Author: Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Favorite Book: Crime and Punishment
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angelap5467.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest
fav_author_id: 2563

Post by angelap5467 »

I love this type of book and I love the ways your review is flowing and focusing on the important matter. I'm gonna have to read it now. Great job
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

It's nice when we get a little unconventional book. Thanks for the review, it inspired me to read the book myself.
ah4226
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by ah4226 »

This book sounds interesting! I don't normally read poetry, but your description of the illustrations seems appealing to me. I'll have to check it out!
Gabby S14
Favorite Book: All the Light We Cannot See
Currently Reading: The Sound and the Fury
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabby-s14.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Gabby S14 »

This book sounds very stylized and unique--maybe something I'd be into. Thanks for the review!
Pallavi Lakra
Currently Reading: Apotheosis Now
Bookshelf Size: 44

Post by Pallavi Lakra »

An artistic poetry book sounds delightful for a weekend read. Thanks for the review!
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

This sounds like a truly bizarre piece of work, but I’d be very intrigued to read it and learn about star people for myself. Wonderful review!
Khushboo Barwar
Favorite Book: Inertia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khushboo-barwar.html
Latest Review: The Price of Dreams by Jerry A. Greenberg
Reading Device: B07XVJZPKZ

Post by Khushboo Barwar »

‘You’re a universal being that is both light and dark’…..you had me at this. I like the theme of the book, plus the creative illustrations sounds like a bonus. Would definitely give it a try. Thanks for the review!
Humera955
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-humera955.html
Latest Review: Smart Love by Vincent Fudge II
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Humera955 »

Graphic novels are always the best, and this sounds amazing😍
Great review🍀
:tiphat:

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”