Review of Our Autumn Years

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sandeep Moses
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandeep-moses.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Review of Our Autumn Years

Post by Sandeep Moses »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Our Autumn Years" by Arthur Hartz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Our Autumn Years is a graphic novel about the harsh realities of old age. This idea was proposed by Arthur Hartz. It is a short book with fewer amounts of pages, but the idea is quite huge. A question for all the teens and the adults out there; have we ever wondered what it’s like to be old-aged? Do we have any idea the problems they face? The answers are said in this wonderful book with exotic illustrations and thoughtful sentences. This book is filled with stories cropped into a single sketch.

This book entirely covers the period of old age. It talks about how old people cope with their daily activities. Then, the difficulties and illnesses that elderly people face are mentioned by the author. Furthermore, the author sheds light on the meaning of life from a bird’s eye view. Also, there are points where the old and the young are compared with such witty explanations. Finally, the author concludes by emphasizing the golden statement.

I laud the cartoonists for the brilliant work done in bringing out the message. Every picture paints a huge scene. Many quotes are put down for the readers to think and understand. I would like to mention one of the quotes here. “The downhiller needs a personal James Joyce scholar to discover the meaning of an apparently worthless life.” James Joyce was one of the greatest influential people ever lived during the 1900s. Every sketch has a deep meaning with life truths.

I enjoyed reading this book. This book made me think of my grandfather, whom I never had the chance of meeting. It put a new perspective before my eyes for the elderly. Our Autumn Years is packed with humorous depictions throughout. If you have grandparents at home, they are treasures. Do you want to know why I made that statement? Read this book and find out. Obviously, I did not find anything to dislike in this book.

I would gladly rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The reason is obvious. It is because of an excellent concept with extraordinary illustrations. I didn’t come across any grammatical or typo errors, which gives me the liberty to say that this book is professionally edited.

People of all ages will love Our Autumn Years. This book can be a valuable gift for children as well as the old-timers. Teens of this age must read this one. Parents ought to teach children the importance of old people. Pick up the phone and call that old lady/man before it’s too late!

Our Autumn Years
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mbenma Esther 080
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbenma-esther-080.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Mbenma Esther 080 »

Most times, I become scared of growing old but I don't allow the thought to linger. It's good we care for the old/elderly because one day, we will become like them. Thanks for the review
Mildred Echesa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mildred-echesa.html
Latest Review: Catch A Raven by Kirro Burrows

Post by Mildred Echesa »

I will read this book when I grow old, as of now. Let me enjoy my youth
Poetic Justice
Chelia27
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Chelia27 »

The elderly are still family, we should take care of them because our time will come and we will also need help
Sandeep Moses
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Sandeep Moses »

Mbenma Esther 080 wrote: 17 Feb 2022, 20:32 Most times, I become scared of growing old but I don't allow the thought to linger. It's good we care for the old/elderly because one day, we will become like them. Thanks for the review
Thanks a lot for taking the time to read my review. :D
Sandeep Moses
Currently Reading:

Post by Sandeep Moses »

Sarah1738 wrote: 24 Feb 2022, 04:05 I will read this book when I grow old, as of now. Let me enjoy my youth
Haha, sure! Thanks for the reply :D
Sandeep Moses
Currently Reading:

Post by Sandeep Moses »

Chelia27 wrote: 09 Mar 2022, 12:18 The elderly are still family, we should take care of them because our time will come and we will also need help
That's so true! Thanks for taking the time to reply :D
Unbothered_gracee
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Unbothered_gracee »

I never took interest to any comic book before but it seems like this books is a game changer for me. The content seems to be enchanting because it can be correlated to real life.
Sandeep Moses
Currently Reading:

Post by Sandeep Moses »

Unbothered_gracee wrote: 06 Apr 2022, 04:07 I never took interest to any comic book before but it seems like this books is a game changer for me. The content seems to be enchanting because it can be correlated to real life.
Yes, it can be correlated. Thanks for reading the review and taking the time to reply. :D

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”