Review of Of the Earth

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Xochitl Vega
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Re: Review of Of the Earth

Post by Xochitl Vega »

This review shows a great fantasy history. This history involved friendships, loyalty and adventures, the review invite you to read the book and enjoy a good history
Leonie Vermaak
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 609
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leonie-vermaak.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Leonie Vermaak »

I am so excited to read this!!! I was super disappointed when the sample ended🤭. There is just so much I liked, talking animals, adventure, friendships and the last but not least religion. I feel that you can learn quite a bit from books like this and I can't wait to get inspired. Thanks for an excellent review.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: This Is Your Last Warning
Bookshelf Size: 643
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

“Of the Earth” by Kim Cousins is an imaginative story about a puppy that is alone in a destroyed city and finds friendship with a cat named Carl. They meet a man named Jim while he was fixing his flat tire and they start their adventure together on a trip to the Smoky Mountains to look for Jim’s friends. A large portion of this story includes the Holy Bible as inspiration and scriptural footnotes are included so the reader can look up the actual reading. There are many references to Christianity and salvation as described in the Bible and the dystopian aspects of a declining civilization that could represent the end times and this makes the story even more interesting. The official review convinced me to add this book to my To-Read Shelf. Very good review.
Gunjan12
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Gunjan12 »

The character development was excellent in this book. I loved the camaraderie between the animal characters in this story, and the connection between members of Jim’s community was close and caring. Jim’s journey carried him through many dangers, and he learned about himself and others on the way. I especially liked the recurrent theme of concern for others that appeared throughout the story.
B Sheila Holt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: One Christmas Eve
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b-sheila-holt.html
Latest Review: Open Heart by Akil Taher

Post by B Sheila Holt »

Thank you for this exciting and informative review. You have helped us see just how interesting this book is. I only read about four pages of the sample and had decided I didn’t like it, but after reading your review, I’ll keep reading on. Great job!!
Loniya Chabili Mubanga
Currently Reading: The sea keepers daughter
Bookshelf Size: 254
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loniya-chabili-mubanga.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Loniya Chabili Mubanga »

I do not think I'd enjoy this book. In as much as I love pets, I can't imagine them talking outside of children's literature. That's one aspect that I wouldn't enjoy. As well as the Christianity tone throughout the book. I like my fictional books remain fiction. But the review iswell-rounded.
I'm here for a good time, not a long time. Yolo!
Praju Sharma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praju-sharma.html
Latest Review: The Prison of Power by G Michael Smith

Post by Praju Sharma »

The book is exciting and includes adventures, friendships, and romance. It talks about Christianity and how people can be saved. But it also has violent and destructive parts that might not be good for everyone to read. There are many characters in the story, which might make it a bit confusing to follow.
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

While I do not like either dystopian or religious themes, the adventures of the talking animals sound interesting. Thanks for the awesome review!
Rose Nafula Oketch
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-nafula-oketch.html
Latest Review: Ice Dance by Vik Azeem

Post by Rose Nafula Oketch »

Intriguing book with well-crafted fantasy and nonfiction. Jim finds companionship in talking animals, and as they embark on an adventurous journey towards the Smoky Mountains, you get to know more about the relationship between humans and animals. I hope they make it to their destination. Congratulations to the author on BOTD!
Latest Review: Ice Dance by Vik Azeem
Puspa Rasmi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-puspa-rasmi.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Puspa Rasmi »

Your review for this book reminds me of the Homeward Bound movie. That sounds promising and exciting at the same time! A mix of adventure and fantasy themes is never disappointed to amuse me. I hope the puppy, Carl, and Jim will find their happy places at the end. Oh, and thank you for noting the negative and positive aspects of this book. Really looking forward to reading it.
Laura Ungureanu
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: The Guardians of Erum and the Calamitous Child of Socotra
Bookshelf Size: 1392
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-ungureanu.html
Latest Review: Love and Marriage by Arthur Hartz

Post by Laura Ungureanu »

This sounds and looks like a very cozy read. Talking animals are not my favorite, but I think it's going to be a nice book anyway. Congrats on BOTD!
S26_
Currently Reading: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by S26_ »

Of the earth by Kim cousins is an adventurous and fantastic book in which puppy and cat became friends and start a new journey with jim. While reading this book sound like a breath of fresh air and calmness .And the best part is that the author portrait the characters systematically.
bangkit febrianto
Favorite Book: Ironbark Hill
Currently Reading: Project Tau
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bangkit-febrianto.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by bangkit febrianto »

"Of the Earth" by Kim Cousins is a captivating and unique book that seamlessly blends fantasy and reality, incorporating elements like adventure, friendship, romance, and talking animals. The author skillfully develops characters, creating an exciting and well-structured narrative filled with various storylines. While some parts, particularly those with religious themes, might not resonate with all readers, the book's organization and insightful explanations enhance comprehension. Overall, "Of the Earth" promises an enchanting reading experience with its abundance of adventures and diverse elements."
LINDO NINO
Favorite Book: Overcoming Systemic Prejudice and Discrimination
Currently Reading: Embracing Abundant Life
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lindo-nino.html
Latest Review: A Walk in the Twilight by John J Bosco Jr.

Post by LINDO NINO »

This book is worth a read. Despite of the negative point stated in the review, the characters along with the interesting plot makes it more interesting.
Damian Keyes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damian-keyes.html
Latest Review: Last Minute Wedding Date by Anthony george
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 23%

Post by Damian Keyes »

I can wait to read if these three are able to find a safe haven to call their new home. The talking animals aspect of this novel is what's most intriguing because I've had dogs all my life and for them to communicate with me in English would be the best thing in the world. That's not going to happen, so I may as well read this book and be a fly on the wall of these three moments together.

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”