Review of Of the Earth

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sarah Kate Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-kate-smith.html
Latest Review: Ultimate Prepared Bug-In Guide by S.Lee

Re: Review of Of the Earth

Post by Sarah Kate Smith »

I don't know what a dystopian novel or drama would look like, so I would love to give this book a read, judging that it is compiled with emotions like love, romance, and friendship. Congratulations on BOTD!
Anusha Thatavarthi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anusha-thatavarthi.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Anusha Thatavarthi »

On one hand, this seems like an interesting fantasy with talking animals and their human friend and on the other hand, it tackles some complex topics. I am interested in reading this dystopian adventure. Thanks for the amazing review.
Tshering Wangmo 2
Currently Reading: Against the Glass
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Tshering Wangmo 2 »

Following the lives of several people and animals, this story explores relationships in the midst of trials. Living in a time of tribulation, the characters maneuver through precarious situations a government reeducation program, a train hijacking, an earthquake circumstances that occur with little warning. But despite these hardships loyalties are tested and battle lines drawn. Eyes are opened and hearts are pierced. This is not your mother's bedtime story. Starvation, disease, and natural catastrophes plague the earth in this futuristic account. For readers who are daring, willing to step into a world of betrayals and miracles, fear and wonderment, crack open this cover.
Margi zuu202
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Living in Color
Currently Reading: Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 86108
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 1368%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

People and animals are explored in this book their relationship in the midst of trials living in time of tribulation and trials
odlanra
Favorite Book: Carbynarah Chronicles
Currently Reading: All In Divine Order
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odlanra.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by odlanra »

I thought at first that it was a fairy tale. Just as stated in the review, character development is excellent and I was attracted at the beginning of the story by the character development of the main characters, particularly the presentation of the main human character as cowboy-like. I do not know how it will turn out as the story is a mix as described: the hard adventure in a world where destruction has set in and survival is key, against a fairy tale scenario where animals can talk; the religious messages and the tone of violence; the drama mentioned and spiritual exorcism. Wow! Something of a sweet-and-sour recipe, in my meager opinion. But I always find sweet and sour excellent! Nice review!
Jeremiah Sunday 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremiah-sunday-1.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by Jeremiah Sunday 1 »

Seems this could the type of adventure book to read all day long. I love when animals talk, in cartoons and, in stories. Great book with great review. Superb!
Kei Rakho
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kei-rakho.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kei Rakho »

I am always fascinated with animal characters wherever animals are involved. I especially fell in love with the cat and dog friendship right away. This is an interesting book that got me glued to those sample pages instantly.
Boluwatife Ade Aderogbin
Favorite Book: The Inner CEO
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boluwatife-ade-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 4%

Post by Boluwatife Ade Aderogbin »

Books with talking animals are always interesting and adventurous too. A good friendship can help keep hopes alive even in troubles, with both parties relying on each other to survive.
BuckyAlita
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by BuckyAlita »

It is really a beautiful book that helps us understand and appreciate nature. The writing is like a painting, showing us forests, deserts, mountains, and oceans. It teaches us how we're connected to nature and why we should take care of it. A must-read for nature lovers! 🥹
Justine Ocsebio
Currently Reading: Dancing Under The Stars
Bookshelf Size: 245
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justine-ocsebio.html
Latest Review: Under Nazi Noses by John Tepper Marlin (Translator), Erik Schaap (Dutch Author)

Post by Justine Ocsebio »

A story that follows a puppy, a cat, and wayfarer going in an adventure. This sounds promising for the Other Fiction genre. Congrats on Botd
Nisha DSouza
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 160
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona

Post by Nisha DSouza »

That is a fascinating review of an equally intriguing plot. I read a few pages and found the aspect of talking animals interesting. The author has creatively included it without making it seem childish. I wonder what will happen to the puppy and Carl and if they will be able to fend for themselves. Congratulations on the BOTD!
Nisha
Official Reviewer Representative

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein
Adekeye Hassan musab
Currently Reading: My Other Half
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adekeye-hassan-musab.html
Latest Review: The White Coat Effect by L.B. Wells

Post by Adekeye Hassan musab »

This is a fascinating review with an interesting plot. From reading the first few pages I could guess the mix of fantasy, dystopia blends with adventure and romance. It seems like a book worthy of my time to read. But I hope the religious themes will not affect the reading of the book. Thanks for the review.
Santosh_101
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Santosh_101 »

An strange imanigation. Great work. In adverse condition people forget enemity.
Ochieng Omuodo
Currently Reading: The Intrepid Brotherhood
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ochieng-omuodo.html
Latest Review: Endgame by William Reed

Post by Ochieng Omuodo »

It seems to me, from your review, that this is a book set in a style akin to Animal Farm. It also seems as profound as that book, albeit in a different subject area. But the Christian themes will, no doubt, limit the audience, even with the virtuous content.
Fredrick Felix Mnjala Maneno
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Of All Faiths & None
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fredrick-felix-mnjala-maneno.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Fredrick Felix Mnjala Maneno »

Dystopian novels usually have a dark theme and rarely leave the reader in a good mood! I'd however like to see how Jim and his furry friends fare on their journey to find a better place to live. A thumping good read for #BOTD and a very concise yet informative review. Kudos.
Real courage is when you know you are licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what! (To kill a Mockingbird - Atticus Finch) Harper Lee.

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”