Review of The James Game

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Owuamanam Eberechukwu
Currently Reading: All will be revealed
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-owuamanam-eberechukwu.html
Latest Review: How to be a SuperStar Salesperson by Audri White

Review of The James Game

Post by Owuamanam Eberechukwu »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The James Game" by Chara Bee.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Marie Harper, under a fling of emotion and sensation, saw herself in the janitor’s closet having passionate sex with Benjamin Hawkins during the graduation party. Benjamin was one of the most handsome in school, and though Marie had a boyfriend, she gave in to Benjamin. The sensation that had Marie and Benjamin together became a nightmare for Marie. Unfortunately, they were caught by another student as the noise and sound they made attracted a passer-by student. Marie was mocked and ridiculed in school. The worst of it was that she got pregnant, and above all, her parents, powerful and rich, cast her out because of that singular act. It was as if the worst had happened, but more was coming her way. Ellis, his boyfriend and later husband cheated on him to have another child called Tanya with Camry. Barely five years later, he was arrested on drug charges and stabbed while in custody. He died, and Marie lived in shackles with his son, James Ellis Harper. Marie gave herself to loose living, and James started living loosely too, from the age of six. What became of James? 

Chara Bee’s The James Game is one of the books I have read on a stretch. When I started the book, I could not stop reading till the last page. Surprisingly, I was scrolling to see the next page, only to discover it was the last page. Relatively, the author had a way with words that is magnetic. The author also presents the story in the first-person point of view, which can help the reader make inferences about how James ended up. The details, descriptions, and use of slang made the book vivid. The storyline is amazing, and the chronology of the presentation is commendable. It is a beautiful read for me.

Although this book has a fantastic storyline, I can also add that the book is erotica. The author used explicit language that is not suitable for individuals who find it offensive. On this note, the book is perfect for a mature mind. Furthermore, I personally do not have anything to hate in the book. Some might hate the author’s use of informal language anyway.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 because the storyline is amazing. The ending will surprise you. It is somewhat of an unpredictable book. The author’s characterization was powerful too. It was as if the author had witnessed the whole event. In fact, it was as if the author was telling her personal story. The ethics of writing were adhered to. I feel the rating is justified. Furthermore, it is an exceptionally well-edited book.

I recommend this book to lovers of erotica. I also recommend this book to people who are facing difficulties and wish to find the courage to keep living. The author wrote the book to encourage the reader. However, be aware that parental guidance (PG 18) is advised. Enjoy the sweet book. 

The James Game
View: on Bookshelves
"I am learning every day to allow the space between where I am and where I want to be to inspire me and not terrify me."
Tracee Ellis Ross
nwankwo chibuchi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwankwo-chibuchi.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by nwankwo chibuchi »

This is a really complex storyline that'll take a great deal of time to understand but will b worth every minute because it has to do with love and emotions. Great review.
Waliyat_24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waliyat-24.html
Latest Review: Bi-Polaroid by David Samuelson

Post by Waliyat_24 »

Your review has made me fall in love with the storyline. You explained everything in details which is good. Great job!
Olanya Morris
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Olanya Morris »

The author done well, but I hate the acts in event or story of Marie and Benjamin who make their parents sorrowful.The book is good for mature mind, teaches not to repeat the same mistake from them.
lilian dumbuya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by lilian dumbuya »

This book sound very interesting and very sexual and I really enjoy story we’re you want to really want to know what’s going to happen next.
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Edit_or »

A very attractive book cover I must say. Nice review too. Thank you.
Peace10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace10.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Denied by Jack Gold and Marc Debbaudt

Post by Peace10 »

The storyline and the book cover are awesome. They are captivating. Your review is also well detailed. Good job!

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”