Review of Smile dear reader

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Peace Odii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-odii.html
Latest Review: Justin's Quest by Winsome Board

Review of Smile dear reader

Post by Peace Odii »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Smile dear reader" by James G. Skinner.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Smile Dear Reader by James G. Skinner is a humorous book about the life of various individuals and how they have succumbed to their inventions.

Some people think that the world is dominated by science and technology, which can help or endanger one's life, while others don't think so. Characters such as Joaquin receive help from gnome to take him back to his past. Others like Rashid planned on creating a microprocessor that could predict a person's birth date and death date and give a death certificate. Still, other characters went on a personal adventure of life without making it back. Their short story is well written; some are even supported with amusing illustrations. Despite what man's creation is doing to the world, we still see more and more creations being invented. Amidst all these, do you think humans could ever be dominated by their creations? Or does their invention solve any of the world's problems? The book provides answers to these questions.

The book is highly entertaining and is full of different stories from different characters. Some of these stories talk about how certain works made by humans affect the world, while others tell the story of the characters and how they ended up. Still, each story was told excitingly. It uses humor as part of the narrative and literary work, aiming to provoke laughter even though it might not seem as obvious. Overall, I can say the book is a good one and a witty one at that.

What I love about the book is that it is entertaining with the illustrations found in some parts of the book. I love the characters Joaquin, Rashid, and others who wanted to find a way to deal with human problems. In Chapter 2, Joaquin returns to when the world was free of all evil, but it didn't last long for him. And in Chapter 4, Rashid wanted to create a microprocessor that could predict one's death so that everyone would know how many years they have got to enjoy. Because of their willingness to help the world, I loved them even though they might be unsuccessful in erasing evil. I also loved the illustrations in the book, as they made it quite enjoyable.

The book is well-written, and I enjoyed every bit of its amusing stories. Therefore, I can say that I found nothing negative about this book. I found only a few errors in the review. It was duly professionally edited.

I would gladly rate this story 4 out of 4 stars, as it shows us the effects of our inventions. I want to recommend this book to fans of witty or comic novels. It was nice that the book's title went a long way to suggest its content.

Smile dear reader
View: on Bookshelves
Ayesha Ameera Memon
Currently Reading: Culture Jock
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayesha-ameera-memon.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Ayesha Ameera Memon »

Realising how our inventions effect us and our lives today is so important. It seems like this book does exactly that in a realistic but also witty and humorous manner that engages the reader. Great review!
Summer Henrietta
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-summer-henrietta.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Summer Henrietta »

The inventions you mentioned in your review definitely had me wanting to read the book and wanting to know how people reacted to it.
Thank you for the review.
Bilikisu Alao
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Bilikisu Alao »

I definitely want to read this book after reading your review. The fact that it contains humour is an added bonus.

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”