Review of Force and Sense Save America!

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Youngreader720-OluwabukunmiWilliamsOso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-youngreader720-oluwabukunmiwilliamsoso.html
Latest Review: Swoosh! Shooting the Perfect Shot by Wajeedah Bilal

Review of Force and Sense Save America!

Post by Youngreader720-OluwabukunmiWilliamsOso »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Force and Sense Save America!" by John L Herman Jr.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Force and Sense Save America! by John L. Herman Jr. is a graphic novel that dives deep into the state of the United States of America today. If you look around, there is quite a lot that isn't going right. There is a clear division in the country, as politicians refuse to do what is best for everyone and only work for a few. Leaders are more interested in fighting for their political views instead of acting in everyone's best interests; therefore, the economy, education, healthcare, and gun control suffer. Luckily, in Force and Sense Save America!, the first volume in a series, we are introduced to two new superheroes: Fair Force Forall, who has the unique ability to always do what is in everyone's best interest, and Carmen Sense, who was highly principled and had integrity and respect. In this book, we take a look at both of these heroes' backgrounds as they rise toward becoming the president and vice president to help to pull the U.S. out of its unfortunate state. Will they be successful?

John L. Herman Jr. has found a creative and engaging way of not just highlighting several of the relevant issues that plague the U.S. as a nation but also providing simple solutions to these problems. A hint about the solutions can be seen in the main characters' names, with Fair Force Forall denoting fair force for all and Carmen Sense meaning common sense. When you think about it, a lot of issues can be solved by just applying common sense and fairness instead of politicizing issues.

The book is heavy on graphics and contains quite a few powerful images that depict real-life events, from the murder of George Floyd and the police brutality protests to the issue with drug abuse, the capitol invasion, and the disparities between the lifestyle of the top 1% of the population and the rest of people at the bottom. I must applaud the artist, Lanessa Miller, for accurately bringing the author's ideas to life with these colorful images that will evoke a lot of emotions from readers. There was a lot that I could relate to on the pages of the book.

The main characters are also another positive of the book. I liked that the author took his time to provide their backstories in this issue, helping readers to connect to them and where they came from. I quickly fell in love with Fair's resilience as well as Carmen's integrity, and both characters highlighted a lot of attributes that people should look for when selecting leaders in the country. I'm not sure how feasible it is to have two women as the president and vice president in real life, but it was a welcome sight to have two strong female characters fighting for what is right and pulling the nation in the right direction.

Also, the book seems professionally edited, as I found just one error in the text. I thoroughly enjoyed this read and did not find any aspect of the book I did not like. Therefore, Force and Sense Save America! by John L. Herman Jr. deserves the maximum rating of five out of five stars. Readers who enjoy comics and political books will enjoy this book and learn a thing or two from it.

Force and Sense Save America!
View: on Bookshelves
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Post by Jay David Randall »

I haven't read this novel but your review is captivating, I sure would indulge myself in reading this novel. Nice review.
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

Just like you have said, most political leaders are after the law that benefits them than the masses. I’ll like to know how these superheroes saved the day. Great review!
Moo Reny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moo-reny.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Moo Reny »

.I'm not sure how feasible it is to have two women as the president and vice president in real life but it would be nice and I hope it happens someday, your review is wonderfully written and captivating.
Great review
Nemanja Jankovic
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 528
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nemanja-jankovic.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Nemanja Jankovic »

I like that it is a richly illustrated graphic novel. I also really like the fact that the book covers the most recent events such as the murder of George Floyd and protests against police brutality. Excellent review.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

I agree with you Young reader things are extremely wrong not in America alone but in all places of the world. Wonderful review welldone!!!
Park Cherri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Post by Park Cherri »

I love the way you write. The way politics works never seem to make sense to me. And I feel it’s corrupt everywhere, not only in America. Well done!
CrossK
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crossk.html
Latest Review: Re-Making the American Dream by David Vaught

Post by CrossK »

Wow, what a fascinating review this book has said. It all. Politicians in America only focus on political views instead of everyone's interest it needs to save in America and other parts of the world. Nice review!

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”