Review of The Actual Roger

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Samantina
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantina.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review of The Actual Roger

Post by Samantina »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Actual Roger" by Hank Tucker.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Roger was just a little kid who liked playing make-believe with Clay, his best friend in the world. On one such day, when they were playing, Roger stumbled on a substance that gave him superpowers. The good news was that he could fly. The bad news was that he could fly only two feet above the ground. Now, of what use is a superhero who cannot fly more than two feet above the ground in a world where supervillains show up on a daily basis? And how much help can he be as the sidekick of the greatest superhero in Roger’s world? The Actual Roger is a comic book that chronicles the adventures and challenges of Roger, a new flying superhero. Will he eventually learn to fly at a higher altitude? Or will he be stuck flying two feet above the ground forever?

The Actual Roger is not your average superhero comic book with heroes that can do unimaginable things. Of course, such heroes exist in Roger’s world. However, the story’s protagonist is a little boy who has to figure out how to harness and use his powers. This is one thing I like so much about this comic book. The illustration was also properly done. I have never read a comic in a soft copy format before. I expected the experience to be unpleasant compared to having and holding it in my hand. I was wrong. The pictures in it were very carefully and colorfully drawn. They captivated my irises and passed the message the author, Hank Tucker, wished to pass on to his readers. The colorful illustrations are what I liked most about the book.

The Actual Roger is a very interesting book. It is divided into many sections that see the protagonist progress and grow into his character successfully. I also liked that it was edited exceptionally well despite being a fairly sized book. There was no error in it, and I commend Hank Tucker for ensuring this was the case. Considering how interesting and captivating the story in The Actual Roger is, I will gladly snatch up a sequel any day. I cannot wait to see what new discoveries Roger and his mates will make in the future. I cannot also wait to read more comic stories from Hank Tucker.

The Actual Roger is totally free of elements that will make it possible to dislike it. I cannot point out one single aspect that I disliked in the story. Since I have nothing negative to say about The Actual Roger, I rate it 5 out of 5 stars. I would love to give it a higher rating if I was allowed to.

The Actual Roger is a superhero comic book that will appeal to comic book lovers of all ages. It is suitable for consumption by said fans from a younger demographic because the protagonist is a pre-teen youngster. Older readers will also love it because the story is just too good. I also recommend The Actual Roger to readers who love Superman and all things that can fly. Roger is no Superman, but who is to say that he cannot be in an alternate universe?

The Actual Roger
View: on Bookshelves

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”