Review of Radushka

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jerry Anozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry-anozie.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Review of Radushka

Post by Jerry Anozie »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Radushka" by A.H. Prouty.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

I have always thought that every family is perfect. This seems to be different for someone who sees family as a nightmare, and this sort of person has a scar in them that is very difficult to heal through life. Reading the book Radushka by A.H. Prouty gave a scenario of what family trauma entails. This book killed the ideology of being judgmental about people's ways of life as it could result from bad experiences they have been through.

This book centers on the life of Radushka, who has an interesting story. She hails from Bodo, a town in Norway. The action in the book starts at the sight of her long-lost son, Anders, who has been away for twenty years. Together with his soon-to-be wife, Emily, Radushka seems to be less impressed by their visit. Radushka's major concern seems to be the fact that there were German spies, and she has sent Elliott to run some private investigations on Emily and her family. Anders and Emily came to seek marital blessing from his mother and also reconcile the family. Are there any other intentions they have? Grab a copy to find out.

This was a very free-flowing read, as there weren't any restrictions on the characters' conversations. My concern was how people were able to live after inflicting long-lasting pain on someone. Radushka was my favorite and the most developed character. Her strength seems exceptional after going through a lot with family and marriage. I also admired her mode of communication; her use of profane words helped me better picture the kind of person she was. This book contains more than one theme, and it was well-managed, which proves the amazing writing ability of the author. The suspense and twists of this book made it stand out and gave me the vibe to keep on with the read, and it shows that the book was well edited.

There was some part of this book that I did not understand, for example, the part that dealt with politics. It came like a sharp cut to the flow of the story, and I was somewhat lost while trying to reconcile the differences. I also came across a few errors. And finally, the book's end seemed rushed, and the fun dropped. These were the only flaws in this book. 

Based on what has been said above, I would rate this book 4 out of 5 stars. I recommend this book to those who love suspense-filled fictional books.

Radushka
View: on Bookshelves
Jay_shon03
Favorite Book: Butterfly Awakens
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-shon03.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Jay_shon03 »

Most times, people who behave like Radushka do so due to the kind of households they grow up in. I would really like to know what other purpose made Anders and his wife-to-be visit his mother. Well written review.
Grace Lee Rose
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-lee-rose.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Grace Lee Rose »

Books with a free flowing text without unnecessary restrictions is always pleasant to read. I love the vivid prowess of the author in expliciting illustrating the characters feelings. Your analysis of the book is excellently done.
Chris Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nakazuka.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Chris Azuka »

I love reading spy adventures. I can't wait to find out Raduska's reaction to this about-to-wed couple. The book has a nice storyline and I liked that the characters are well developed. Nice review.
Judy O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-o.html
Latest Review: Granite Kingdom by Eric Pope

Post by Judy O »

Why would Radushka think her son is a spy...that is most strange. I look forward to reading this book to uncover more on the plot. Amazing review.
Favour Ozone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-ozone.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Favour Ozone »

From the title of the book, I was already interested in seeing what the book was all about. Radushka is indeed a lovable character. I would love to read this book. Great review.
Newestobc
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-newestobc.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Newestobc »

I like this book already from the captivating review you came up with. I don’t think I will read the book before but I will with this review.
Anthony Ekemezie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-ekemezie.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible

Post by Anthony Ekemezie »

Hmmm, I feel Andrea and Emily did not just come to seek marital blessings and reunite the family, there is an ulterior motive behind their visit.
Park Cherri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Post by Park Cherri »

I like this book already from your review. I have a few questions though. Is Radushka a military woman or a spy? Your review didn’t really indicate what type of person she is.
Famzi Ken
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-famzi-ken.html
Latest Review: My Pound of Flesh by William Thielman

Post by Famzi Ken »

I see family as a blessing. But it's so sad that sometimes those you consider your family hurt you enough to leave a scar. I'd like to read about Radushka. Great review.
Victor Ayub Migos
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victor-ayub-migos.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Victor Ayub Migos »

We can all agree that it's quite hard to outlive the scars and traumas caused by a family since they cut deep inside our most vulnerable parts. Everyone should definitely read this book to at least get a rough idea of the impact of family trauma on the person. Great review, I enjoyed reading it.
Shane Carter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shane-carter.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Shane Carter »

I enjoyed reading this review. The summary was interesting and the positive aspects were properly outlined. I can't wait to start reading this book.

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”