Review of Godsmack, Part I, The Mother Earth

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Scott Fling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott-fling.html
Latest Review: GOD'S PLAN FOR YOU: 21-DAY DEVOTIONAL by Tim Outlaw

Review of Godsmack, Part I, The Mother Earth

Post by Scott Fling »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Godsmack, Part I, The Mother Earth" by Josie Peterson.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Josie Peterson, a writer, and actress, is the author of the comic book Godsmack, Part I, The Mother Earth. It is a story about a businessman, Yahn Marynugh. In the first few chapters of the comic book, he comes across as an isolated and uncommunicative individual. But something happened that permanently altered his life. He learned that Mr. Simms, the customer for whom he was an accountant, had ties with drug dealers. While he was perplexed, he was fired from his job and then offered a job by the drug dealers. On the following day, his client, Mr. Simms was killed. This murder frightened Yahn. As a result of his terrible diet and way of life, Yahn was very ill, which only made matters worse.

To escape the chaos, Yahn decided to leave the city and begin a completely new life in the countryside. There, he made an effort to maintain his physical well-being by following the instructions from his doctor and close buddy, George. In addition, he began a farm business in which he had no prior experience. Do you think the drug dealers pursuing Yahn will ever find him again?

I loved how this book taught me the importance of unity and friendship throughout Yahn's life. At the start of the book, he acted in a way that suggested he did not care about people. However, as we travel further, we find him surrounded by individuals who assist him. He would be nothing without the people in his life.

George was my favorite character. He was a wise man and Yahn’s sincere friend. He was hilarious and also cared for Yahn during his illness and difficult times. George told Yahn that, “what I saw in the microscope and my centrifuge wasn’t pretty, and yeah, I sneaked a blood sample from the floor at your apartment when you fell. Nobody at the hospital will go down to the molecular level to figure it out, so I did,” (page 95)—this detail made me like him.

The only aspect of this book that I detested was its homosexual nature. I can state that the book was flawlessly edited because I did not find a single typo. I give this book a score of 4 out of 5 stars. I took away one star because I did not like the LGBT content. I recommend this book to anybody who enjoys crime novels with a dash of action. However, I would not recommend this book to anyone who, like me, dislikes reading books with homosexual themes.

Godsmack, Part I, The Mother Earth
View: on Bookshelves
Edet Joy
Currently Reading: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edet-joy.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Edet Joy »

The author of this book is a well to do author that Ive read from, will check this out

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”