Review of Absolute Zero Volume One

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 327
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: One Foot Out of the Box by Vanessa Kristovich

Review of Absolute Zero Volume One

Post by Hager Salem »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Absolute Zero Volume One" by Ron Dewey.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Absolute Zero Volume One by Ron Dewey tells the story of a boy named Ron. He was a normal boy who had a normal life. This didn't last long, as this normal life was about to change. Fate seemed to have a different plan for him. One day, Ron was sleeping and had a dream of a beautiful girl. He opened his eyes to see that girl in front of him. He was surprised and didn't know what was going on. This wasn't the last surprise. Other girls appeared, and he turned out to be wanted in many ways. The girls came from another planet. They had a problem on their planet, and they wanted to find Ron. You can follow Ron's adventure by reading this book. You can also learn about these girls and what they wanted from him.

The quality of the illustrations is, in my opinion, one of the most impressive aspects of this book. They are done professionally, and you can sense the movements through them. Manga has this theme in its drawings where girls and boys are drawn in a cute way, and that is the case here. I found some of the slides funny as well. It also combined some elements that I know many people would like. People coming from other planets, fights between different parties, and a guy who turns out to have a different purpose are all appealing elements that add interest to the story.

I can't say I hated anything about the book. It's the first volume in a series by the same writer. It can't stand alone, as the story ends with many needed details. You need to grab the following parts to find out what happens next. The plot wasn't strong, but it was meant to be entertaining. Most of the writings were obvious, and I could read them. In some cases, I needed to zoom in for more clarity, but the words didn't become clearer, and the photo faded. I guess a higher resolution would be able to help with this.

The book was exceptionally well-edited. I couldn't notice any errors going through its pages. The story was entertaining, but the plot was not that strong. Therefore, I rate this book four out of five stars.

I recommend this book to manga lovers and people who love graphic novels. I have to give a warning that some drawings have a sexual nature and illustrate some sexual acts. Therefore, it might not be suitable for minors.

Absolute Zero Volume One
View: on Bookshelves
Mhiz Vyi Vyan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mhiz-vyi-vyan.html
Latest Review: Beyond The Headlights by Allan Davis

Post by Mhiz Vyi Vyan »

A planet of girls is what every man would wish for. This book is unique and will be an amazing read. Great review.
Charles Ashinze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-ashinze.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Charles Ashinze »

This seems like a fun read that will be entertaining. I like that the illustrations are pleasant and detailed. The storyline is quite intriguing but It isn't captivating enough to secure my interest. Thank you for your detailed review.
Ogechi Okonkwo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogechi-okonkwo.html
Latest Review: Taken by Twilight by Tricia Barr

Post by Ogechi Okonkwo »

This is an interesting and a fascinating review. I loved how you captured every aspect of the book. I did enjoy reading your review. This is an interesting one.
Chinedum Chijioke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinedum-chijioke.html
Latest Review: Survivor's Eyes by Chris Ekral

Post by Chinedum Chijioke »

It seems the author really paid attention to detail. You also did may attention to detail in your review.

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”