Review of The Delco Years

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Obinna Chima Agoms
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bibliophile-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Why Rock The Boat When You Don't Know How To Swim? by Daniel Sebata

Review of The Delco Years

Post by Obinna Chima Agoms »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Delco Years" by Bill Owens.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Delco Years by Bill Owens was a fun read containing hilarious and remarkable events. It described the event that happened when Bobbie accidentally released a deadly virus at an airport. However, Bobbie's mission was to speed up the long-predicted rapture.

Bobbie purchased a deadly virus called Anthrax-836 (also known as NOFI). The virus was obtained from an abandoned and secure research facility in Russia. The original plan was to release the virus at Disney World, where many people would unwittingly take it up and spread it. But he accidentally released the virus at the airport even before he got on the plane heading to Disney World. The virus spread rapidly and killed people worldwide, leaving a few survivors. Why did the virus not kill everyone who contracted it? What was the fate of the survivors? Find out in this captivating book by Bill Owens.

The author took his time in this work. He painstakingly explained every event in detail. It felt like writing down the ingredients and recipe for a meal. He also presented images of many characters and events. There were lots of humorous illustrations and descriptions. Examples of such images were art images of Joyce Meyer, Joel Osteen, Jerry Falwell Jr., Dick Carlson, and even an art form from a January 1955 Marilyn Monroe calendar.

Even though the story was fictional, it did contain real people's names and events. The author even added links to some of the stories in the book that would direct readers to online resources for more information on the events or persons. He also added maps of some locations mentioned in the book. These details added so much beauty and realism to the book. The details would also keep readers informed about some essential facts.

I like that the book is exceptionally edited and does not contain profanities. The fonts are legible, and the grammar is simple. The book is readable and enjoyable for its target audience. This book is excellent for folks who enjoy comics, science fiction, and fantasy with a bit of humor. The Delco Years contains everything necessary to keep readers glued to the pages.

In addition to the book being exceptionally edited, I found nothing to dislike. Therefore, I'd rate The Delco Years 5 out of 5 stars. Many parts of the narrative were sexual. There was a comic diagram of a sex organ that could both be triggering and suggestive. They did not affect my reading negatively, but I would not advise readers under 16 years to read this book.

The Delco Years
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Oluchi23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi23.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Oluchi23 »

I was caught by your review and my thought was filled with imaginations. The book is entertaining and full of happy mood. That great job. Kudos
Elina Tshabalala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elina-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Elina Tshabalala »

Bobbie is not at all a good person. Releasing the virus at Disneyland would affect kids the most. I will not be reading this book. Thanks for the review
Chinedum Chijioke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinedum-chijioke.html
Latest Review: Reawakening the magic volume 1 by Claire De Voyant

Post by Chinedum Chijioke »

Your review filled my mind with so many imaginations, the book is indeed a detailed one. Nice Review.

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”